Question Intellipak Fan Failure

I am looking for some info i have a 75 ton trane rtu with Intellipak controls and a tracer 100 bcu, seems that the supply fan goes into a lockout and displays fan failure we check things out and re-start the unit and all looks good. Several hours later the unit is out on fan failure again? any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by NRGTECH2 View Post
    I am looking for some info i have a 75 ton trane rtu with Intellipak controls and a tracer 100 bcu, seems that the supply fan goes into a lockout and displays fan failure we check things out and re-start the unit and all looks good. Several hours later the unit is out on fan failure again? any help would be great.
    the fan probably locks out on high duct static pressure...you get 2-3 automatic resets (after it hits it high duct static pressure setpoint) and then it locks out on a manual reset.

you most likely have a low "high duct static pressure setpoint", a failed/failing sensor, a restricted "outdoor air pressure reference" or a restriction in your duct.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

I believe the unit should have a seperate static switch that confirms that the fan is running. They are simple normally open pressure switches. If the unit was going off on high static, that should be a seperate alarm. Sounds like the fan fail switch might be fluttering or failing. Check the hose attached to it and make sure nothing has gotten in the line and clogged it. Is there a VFD on the supply fan?

There is no vfd on the supply fan just inlet guide veins. It seems to be a fan failure not static pressure failure. I will check the hoses and replace the switch.

We have a fairly high failure rate on the supply fan status switches.

Quote Originally Posted by jemawalton View Post
    ...If the unit was going off on high static, that should be a seperate alarm...
    good catch! missed that one.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

I had the same problem. It turns out the 1/4" tubing to the sensor rubbed through causing the periodic failure. I think it was in the blower section and not easily accessable. Good Luck.