JCI PRN's via BACnet IP from N30

We're getting reading to put a BACnet over IP interface onto an N30. Does anyone know whether the device .prn information will be available via this method.

Are you putting the N30 on the IP network so you can look at all it's stuff with another BACnet device ? I locked-up on the .prn part, do you mean the the individual point info of the (assumed) N2 devices like AI-x, ADF-xxx and so on. They should show up as BACnet AV's and BV's but I have never checked before.

I don't know for sure. I'm gonna setup an N30 and do a discovery with an FX to see what happens later today if I can and I'll let you know what I come up with. Is that what your looking for ?
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

The IP interface on an N30 is always BacnetIP. You can discover all of its data points and they are named with the path to the end device (ie. "N30\N2\AHU-1\DA-T") You should not have to mess with the prn's at all.

Discovered the N30 with an FX-40 (JACE403) with no problems. Had some problems with a Teletrol Envoy, had to create all desired points in the "BACnet Group" so instance numbers could be identified. Worked fine after that.

Give us feed back on how it went with your stuff O.K.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

CCIKelly

We are going with a Loytec LVIS so I'll let you know what happens. We were able to get it to work with a JACE2 a while back when we were doing some other testing - but that was just a testing thing.