Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

newer triangle tube boilers

Anyone installed a triangle tube Prestige Solo Series boiler yet? What are your thought's on them? Anyone have any problems with installation, start up etc? Just wondering what your thought's are got one to install soon. Thanks!!!!!
    If you can not do it right, Why even do it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by luv2cruiserccl View Post
    Anyone installed a triangle tube Prestige Solo Series boiler yet? What are your thought's on them? Anyone have any problems with installation, start up etc? Just wondering what your thought's are got one to install soon. Thanks!!!!!
    Not yet, the Triangle Tube system we maintain is pretty old, but the hydronics rep at Sanders seems to really like them. I like the quality of their older stuff though.

They are great boilers, I have not had any issues with them to date.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

The company I work for put one in right before Chtistmas. The distributor told us to install it just as the old one was with a dedicated return and supply line. I asked specificaly if this would work as the instruction said to install a bypass .Didn't work, tripped the high limit and low flow limit. Had to install a bypass line letting the intergrated pump in the boiler move water thru the boiler and the zone pumps pull water off the primary loop. (Primary / secondary loop system) Only a single zone load will work with a dedicated return and supply thru the boiler. Other than that its a great system, very quiet and dependable. I think that it will also qualify for the tax credit money.

Check pages 14 - 24 for piping info.

http://66.104.7.230/triangletube/doc...0%20Manual.pdf
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

i built a process plant using three of the 399's and it is working very well. i designed it as primary/secondary with each boiler having its own three speed circ. w are set up for a 30 degree delta. i also used a controller that modulates them together, and is capable of remote manual setpoint change. the owners thought i was nuts at first, but cannot believe how well these work. we have also sold many single boilers, and even the new one with the built in domestic indirect. have had ZERO problems with these over the last three years.

Anyone attended Triangle Tube's training? How was it? Thoughts?? I am considering it but have not decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
    Anyone attended Triangle Tube's training? How was it? Thoughts?? I am considering it but have not decided yet.
    I have never been, but I am very busy. If you can find the free time to attend, why wouldn't you?

Have installed a few 399 models in the past year, and to date not one problem.

went to their class a few years back. pretty good, product specific. disagreed with them on combustion analysis needs. love the product good support. i use it for things other than comfort heating as well and have had great success. damn things dont break though......service dept needs calls too.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    The company I work for put one in right before Chtistmas. The distributor told us to Insert wrong answer here.
    The first thing you did wrong was to listen to the sales rep and ignore the written IOM. Sales reps who actually know what they're selling and can answer questions competently are few and far between.
    R2B4BTU

Prestige Solo 110

We installed a Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 boiler in January 2009. A year and a half later, we have had zero issues or problems. The boiler supplies both indirect hot water, and radiant infloor heating in two zones. The Prestige has performed flawlessly for us.

No problems yet with the ones that I started.
    Local 449?

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 11-22-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: non AOP member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast