+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Best bbq joints?

Post Likes
    I agree about Bubbalous is real good in Orlando. I will say that the best I've had was in Kansas City on a training trip. It was actually at this really old classic hotel downtown which I can't remember the name. Never understood the use of dry rubs being from Florida, until I had some KC ribs, dang it that's good. Now I can't make'em without it. Everything we ate downtown KC was awesome, the BBQ and especially the aged steaks from Makers Mark restuarant. WOW. Best food consistly from any trip.
    Anyone who says this trade is easy, aint doing it right!

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

Proud member of the United Association.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allan38 View Post
    Had some good ribs and brisket this week at Fuschaks BBQ in San Marcos Tx.
    thats my local joint. ribs are good, brisket okay. really good chopped sandwich. i still say Black's in lockhart is the best all around. and they ship anywhere if you don't want to take my word for it.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_schmo View Post
    Here in the St. Louis area we have a few good places. We have chain joints like bandanas an Stumpy's. The Man vs. Food show spotlighted Pappy's Smokehouse. Never been there but it's supposed to be great. Me I go to Stumpy's because it's close and good. What are some out there?
    Im from Tennessee but last July me and my girlfriend went to St Louis to catch a cardinals game and went to Pappys. Great food,not a fancy place but the ribs were great!

Post Likes
    Rudy's in San Antonio (as well as other cities now).

Love the slogan on the back of the server's shirts:

"I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables."

Another place in Houston, can't remember the name, but their billboards were great:

"This ain't advertisin'...it's directions".

Post Likes

Smile

Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous in Memphis Tn.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by code1 View Post
    Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous in Memphis Tn.
    Memphis is certainly barbecue heaven. Rendezvous may well be the largest barbecue joint I've ever visited, but IMHO hardly the best Memphis has to offer.

I thought Marlowe's was the best "upper end" barbecue restaurant.

I think Central BBQ was the best I've found in Memphis.

Neely's barbecue spaghetti is the best spaghetti!!!
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    thats my local joint. ribs are good, brisket okay. really good chopped sandwich. i still say Black's in lockhart is the best all around. and they ship anywhere if you don't want to take my word for it.
    Blacks is excellent. Smitty's is great too although Chisolm Trail BBQ has better sides. I've eaten at Kreuz BBQ and it was very similar to Smittys althought I preferred the atmosphere at Smittys. Lockhart has the largest concentration of great BBQ places than any other Texas small town I've seen.
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Yesterday I was saddened. Tips4U BBQ is no more. True to thier name the rib tips were fantastic. Its almost a good thing the sauce was unimaginative, because the meat carried the flavor. The service was wretched though and I suspect led the way to thier demise.
    Twilly is my hero!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    the radavue in memphis tennesee made the best ribs i've ever had. another place in memphis i think is called corkey's, also very good. around here i go to road side bbq's.
    Both of those suck in my book. Next time try Central BBQ or The BBQ Shop. Central has awesome ribs and turkey, BBQ shop has great bologna and pretty good pork. I know there is alot of people that like dry ribs but when I get done eating bbq I want to need a shower. Wet and spicy is the way to go!

Post Likes
    For Carolina lowcountry style, Bessinger's BBQ in the Charleston, SC area. Sweet mustard base sauce, and the onion rings are incredibly good. Not to mention the pork, brisket, ribs. We order the sauce from them shipped to us in FL.

Post Likes
    I ate at Rocco's In Williamsburg, VA last week, meatest pork ribs I've ever had, and they weren't greasy. It's a new place across the street from Cracker Barrel on Bypass Road.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in