Thread: AX brain fart

AX brain fart

don't do this.

i accidently conected to a 3.3 jace today with 3.4.

opened software manager and said sure lets upgrade all out of date files.

big mistake.

i had a cell phone in one ear and the building top mop yacking in the other ear, and wasn't concentrating on what i was doing.

i managed to downgrade the offending components and get the station to start.

there are some other things i couldn't downgrade but the station seems to be running ok. for now.

anyone ever done this or know what to expect down the road with this station ?

i'm thinking i might upgrade the license to 3,4 and update the software just to be safe.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    don't do this.

i accidently conected to a 3.3 jace today with 3.4.

opened software manager and said sure lets upgrade all out of date files.

big mistake.

i had a cell phone in one ear and the building top mop yacking in the other ear, and wasn't concentrating on what i was doing.

i managed to downgrade the offending components and get the station to start.

there are some other things i couldn't downgrade but the station seems to be running ok. for now.

anyone ever done this or know what to expect down the road with this station ?

i'm thinking i might upgrade the license to 3,4 and update the software just to be safe.
    Ya, I did it from 3.0 to 3.2 and no downgrade was possible. It sucked.

Why could you have not done this last week before me. I did and downgraded everything but the core software would not revert. The station ran ok but would lock up and restart on its own terms. Had to pay the license fee and upgrade it, luckily we had some room left on the job so it was covered or I woul dhave been hosed.

I guess I should say sorry for not posting this before you did. Sorry. The particular jace I did was a 403 with lonhoneywell and londistech, I hope yours will stay reliable for you but I have a feeling that you may get into the same issue. Has anyone done this and had anyluck getting the core software to downgrade?
    "It's always controls"

3 brain farts in the same thread. STEEEENKY
    "It's always controls"

Here's a previous post with sample batch file commands so as not to forget to install the correct platform daemon as a service prior to launching Wb.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183825

Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    Why could you have not done this last week before me. I did and downgraded everything but the core software would not revert. The station ran ok but would lock up and restart on its own terms. Had to pay the license fee and upgrade it, luckily we had some room left on the job so it was covered or I woul dhave been hosed.

I guess I should say sorry for not posting this before you did. Sorry. The particular jace I did was a 403 with lonhoneywell and londistech, I hope yours will stay reliable for you but I have a feeling that you may get into the same issue. Has anyone done this and had anyluck getting the core software to downgrade?
    Downgrading AX Notes

Downgrading AX Blog

Don't Do Dis! - my sympathies but we all know how easy it is !
    gnomethang

Been there done that. Can be very frustrating.

I always thought that it would be nice if there was a little red flag Icon next to the station name in Workbench to show you it was running a different rev then what you had opened.
    I don't see how it would be to difficult for then to add.

i have downgraded jaces with the clean dist file before.

had to do it to a bunch of related sited because
    the modem wouldn't work in 3.3

i managed to get the station running by using software manager but i
    suspect i'll have some problems down the road.

i'll probably go back and redo it when i get a chance. i'm just hoping it stays running until i get a chance to go back.

i wish it would give you a 'are you sure you want to do this' pop up.
    i guess they are assuming i know what i am doing

maybe i'll see if we have any money left to upgrade it.
    IV IV IX

Good luck. I am going to look into the previously mentioned batch file for future. We are going ahead and upgrading our 3.3 jaces hopefully we can get a little back for the upgrade.
    "It's always controls"

I used "AutoIt" program to launch daemon on each start. Same result as the batch, but just another option. Made nifty lil icons and the whole bit. My brain has a tendency to be quite flatulant.
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

i upgraded to 3.4. everything is good.

i'd like to say i'll never do that again, but i probably will
    IV IV IX