Thread: Mole asses

Mole asses

This Hobart mixer had just a fraction of the needed oil in it, and what it had was clumpy and just plain NASTY. I don't know how old it is, but it's a Model 4412, serial# 671056. I'll post the after pictures when I get done.
    I flushed the gear box and put vacuum pump oil in it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Look like water got in? That is pretty nasty. I bet with new oil it will sound better!
    What did you flush it with?

it is actually from food/meat juice that flows into the gearcase when the weep hole gets plugged.....consistency of baby poo and the smell lingers with you for the rest of the day. if its veggie juice/grease mixture it becomes corrosive and will pit all the gears.....makes for a noisy mixer....and your unit is probably 40 years old.....dont have the serial # cross reference sheet handy.....

The darn thing had maybe 1/8th of the oil it should have had in it. But it was watery.
    I drained it, then filled with vacuum pump oil, ran it, changed it, ran it.... 3 times changed. It was pretty clear the last time.
    I couldn't find any info on the Hobart site. If anyone can find info, my customer would be interested. Thanks.

looks like dinner to me