Non-Bleed TXV's??

Wonding why Goodman is matching non-bleed TXV's for all their Heat Pump units. Recently put in a 5 ton Heat Pump w/TXV matched with unit. Condenser has a scroll compressor, but now I've got to install a Start-Assist kit or change out the TXV w/a Bleed-type. Anyone know the reason using Non-bleed TXV's....seems like this only causes the compressor to work alot harder on start-up???

Welcome to HVAC-Talk, we do prefer to keep the technical discussions in the Professional Technical Forums.

Please click on the links in my signature line, especially for Professional Membership.

Sorry, but I gotta throw a lock on this one.....too technical for the open residential forum!

Not allowed to get technical in the residetial forums.

But, You'll find that just about all manufacturers are using non bleed TXVs, it increases SEER rating.

If its got a scroll compressor, its not the TXV thats causing it to have start troubles.

Oh, and.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site. So we are not allowed to give out DIY advise of this nature.
    So answering your question in the open Residential Forums would be posting DIY instruction for DIYers that may read this post later.

If your in the trade, get your post count up to 15, and apply for Pro Membership.
    Once accepted, you have access to the pro tech forums. Where you can ask and get answers to technical questions.

Plus, you also have access to the Pro Educational Forums.

All of it is free
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?