Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heat pump manufacturers (who buys from whom?)

Hi - I am just about investigating on the US ground sourced heat pump market. I came across following companies - but I am rather unsure who actually manufactures and who just buys private lable from other companies?

Would be great to get some information from you!

ClimateMaster (own production)
    Waterfurnace (own production)
    Florida Heat Pump mfg (own production)

I assume these are the largest manufacturers? Is this correct? Can anyone provide reliable market shares / unit output 2008 ? Who would be number 4 and 5 in the ranking?

Eagle Mountain
    Earth Energy Tech Supply
    GeoMaster
    Enertech (manufactures Hydrone module, Paradise geothermal system, Geocomfort)
    Major Geothermal
    Bard Manufacturing Company
    Northern Heat Pump
    Trane
    IceKube
    Coldflow Air Conditioning
    Econar
    GeoSmart
    Heat Controller (manufactured by ClimateMaster)
    HydroDelta
    Mammoth
    Airxcel Inc
    Daikin Group
    Omega Heat Pump
    The Whalen Company
    Carrier (manufactured by ClimateMaster)
    Geofurnace Manufacturing (own production)
    York
    Bryant (manufactured by ClimateMaster)

Thank you very much for in advance.

HectorHVAC

Bard makes their own. I thought Paradise was a WF product?

Who makes Trane? American-Standard bought Command-Aire. Is that still made? Are they making Trane's stuff?

trane quit making them for there residential side but still offers them for comercial stuff

Trane

Well Trane still offers rather small units which would easliy fit in a 2500-4000sqf custom home!

Another Manufacturer

Please consider The Whalen Company for water sourced heat pumps and fancoil units.

I haven't seen any literature or dealer representation supporting Whalen for residential, but I have dealt with them extensively in condo suite applications, and they seem to never break down. Kind of unusual insofar as they have no service ports for the service tech, but they seem to be a workhorse with very few service calls.

I just did a geothermal training course with Geosmart here in Ontario. Very impressed with their product and support network, and they make a quality unit, one of the best on the market.

I am in the market for a geothermal system. In our area, most of the installers that are registered with the government bodies that are a prerequisite for gov't incentives are selling WaterFurnace, or private brands manufacturered by WF. (Geosmart and Geostar) They are practically selling the private label models as Waterfurnace units saying that the only difference is the cabinet.

However, I think one very important consideration is warranty & post-sale service. I am concerned that these private labels companies will disappear and leave me with a 10 year warranty that is useless. I may rethink my decision and only deal with someone who is selling a product that they actually produce. (or from a well established brand - ie: Carrier, Bryant, York).

Thanks for the great information on this site - this is a great resource for consumers as info seems to be hard to come by on geothermal manufacturers.

The other big thing to remember when buying from a WaterFurnace dealer is TRAINING! As a dealer they really help us ensuring their products are installed well. We were approached by rebranded WaterFurnace name that I won't mention and they knew less about the product than I did and they represented it!
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

found press release regarding GeoStar. It appears that is a WaterFurnace brand (sold through distribution vs dealer-direct) so I believe that they should back this product line?
    http://www.achrnews.com/articles/wat...-geostar-brand

i use advanced geothermal

Trane did buy the Command Aire line several years back. They have dropped it for residential. Now they are rebranding a WF unit for residential. Just hope WF dosen't switch to the Trane plastic air handler!!

Enertech manufactures Hydron Module, GeoComfort and Tetco heat pumps. Paradise was a short lived WF private lable for Enertech.

Bergy

Im installing Northern Heatpump very happy with the products they put out very well made and a great company to work with. They are owned by Electro Industries made in Minnesota

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast