Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trane Rover 7.1

Trane Rover 7.1

Just noticed that there is Version 7 now. Wondering what changes have been made since 5 and 6?
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Updated functions for the new Tracer SC.

Can now scan non-zl domains also i think.

Will Rover do the BACnet side too?

No bacnet. It is really just a round about way of making Rover somewhat Lon Lns like. The new SC is not a network manager but just a standard device that hangs on the LON trunk. The new Rover lets you basically set up the trunk. You need to configure the trunk with Rover nice thing is now you will be able to use better software like LNS software to manage the trunk.

So... you can not integrate an SC without Rover? LonMaker cannot be used? If that is the case we won't see any here. The local branch keeps Rover locked down tighter than a crab's a**. I have Rover 5 that I purchased from a dealer selling the 'Residential and Light Commercial' line.

I am waiting to get my hands on an SC but I see no reason Lonmaker would not work. Once the network is set up SC should work fine. Lonmaker sets up and manages the network same as Rover 7 is going to do.

That will be good, I hope you are right.

Cool Rover 7.1

I heard from a Trane tech that SC was basically Trane's version of being able to work different controls systems,ie TAC 527,511,Jci LN builder,FX 40.I am having lunch with A Trane programmer I will ask more questions about SC.It is kind of scary about Rover getting upgraded,This happened last time w/Tracer Summit ver.16,and after ver 17 came,I could not upload from BCU's anymore.As Dave 2142 said you should be able to do this from Lonmaker but you need the DB and LNS plug ins.What's messed up I was at a job and the
    equipment would not let me use Rover,I had to use Lonmaker(I have 3.1)even though I unplugged Lon and direct connected to board w/Rover.(Tried discover and it could not find it)FYI this was a TAC site.Hope this helps.
    Primo

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    What's messed up I was at a job and the
    equipment would not let me use Rover,I had to use Lonmaker(I have 3.1)even though I unplugged Lon and direct connected to board w/Rover.(Tried discover and it could not find it)FYI this was a TAC site.Hope this helps.
    Primo
    TAC most likely changed the DSN to something other that a "zero length", rover needs to see a ZL or 0 at the start of the B DSN. I usally use NLutil to go in another vendors link and reset this domain to allow Rover to operate normally.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Trane Rover

Thanks Qtip,
    As usual this is the place for info,As soon as I saw it was a ZN 510,I knew it was a Trane unit that's why I used Rover 1st,instead of Vista/Lonmaker.I wish
    I knew of this forum back when I was exculsively in pneumatics.
    Primo

Knowledge is power-unknown

Quote Originally Posted by qtip View Post
    ...I usally use NLutil to go in another vendors link and reset this domain to allow Rover to operate normally.
    Now that's funny. Definitely have a sense of humor for sure.

Does anyone happen to have the CD image of 7.1? I bought a copy of it, and had it in my laptop bag, but when I went to go use it for a install, the disc is cracked.

Either that or I have to pony up another $70 to Trane for a new one...
    NeonHomer
    BAS/BMS Technician/Computer Technician

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.

Neonhomer send me an email. Might be able to work something out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast