+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: digi-cool "stalker" manifold

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bednarick View Post
    I've seen the new manifold and it looks very good.
    But I'd still like to have a micron gauge on them.
    I'm looking at getting a Digicool soon.
    I just have to convince the Boss.

The micron sensor needs to be as close to the system as possible with either valve core removing tools or the J/B vacuum isolation hose/valve setup. Why? So you are not reading any possible out gassing of the hoses or hose connection leaks when monitoring the vacuum meter for pressure rise due to moisture in system out gassing or system leak. Nothing more irritating than chasing down a vacuum leak and finding that it's the hose connection or the hose.

The vacuum sensor needs to be cleaned on a regular basis with denatured alcohol to provide accurate sensing. Contaminants do collect on the sensor and interferes with the readings. Cleaning the sensor would be difficult if mounted into the manifold. Though rare if the vacuum sensor fails you would possibly have to return the manifold for repair unless it was designed for field repair.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    The micron sensor needs to be as close to the system as possible with either valve core removing tools or the J/B vacuum isolation hose/valve setup. Why? So you are not reading any possible out gassing of the hoses or hose connection leaks when monitoring the vacuum meter for pressure rise due to moisture in system out gassing or system leak. Nothing more irritating than chasing down a vacuum leak and finding that it's the hose connection or the hose.

The vacuum sensor needs to be cleaned on a regular basis with denatured alcohol to provide accurate sensing. Contaminants do collect on the sensor and interferes with the readings. Cleaning the sensor would be difficult if mounted into the manifold. Though rare if the vacuum sensor fails you would possibly have to return the manifold for repair unless it was designed for field repair.
    I have been sourcing/researching for 5 years for a vacuum transducer with a back bending beam to take the high pressure and also still be accurate into that deep vacuum. So far we could have it tooled and built but again it has exposed electronics to the refrigerant.....short version....first contaminants into the system and it'd be fried!!
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Post Likes
    Hey doug, is digi-cool going to be putting together a package deal with the 1250's, the new manifold and maybe some nrp hoses?
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    i-Vu, CCN
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    Hey doug, is digi-cool going to be putting together a package deal with the 1250's, the new manifold and maybe some nrp hoses?
    x2

do i hear a special hvac talk group buy discount for the 1250 or the 1250 and new manifold???

Please

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    It's a special tool to 'service' the O-ring...we are all mechanics...I want it as a Torx or off the shelf tool so anyone can service it themselves. With the BETA ones we threw those together real quick at the AHR show....so we had some leakers....this way if you get an o-ring down the road that is bad....swap it out with a standard o-ring...
    Field friendly tool, Design to be want we need and want in Field, That's a Novel idea.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Guys YOU CAN'T PUT A MICRON GAUGE ON A MANIFOLD....GET IT?....it's an exposed silicon electronic device with refrigerant (oil, acid, $hit) touching it....and when you JAM 500 psig of N2 at this thing that is supposed to measure .0000194 psi.....how long do you think it will last OR be accurate? PLUS no one wants it next to the vacuum pump, they want it 10' down the system sooooooo forget the micron gauge on the manifold....
    Thank you I has thinking it probely a bad idea for many reason, One you should be hooked strart to the pump (no mainfold).

ANd never thought of the other stuff.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    We are working with Thermal Engineering to put a package together for all of it with custom anodized bodies with lazer etching of your company name, saying or phrase!!!!!!
    Profanity accepted!!
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Post Likes
    like for me... "Knows enough to be Dangerous, but doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground."
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

weber is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spymoocow View Post
    like for me... "Knows enough to be Dangerous, but doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground."
    I heard that about you.......
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Post Likes
    heh heh heh
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

Post Likes
    Guys YOU CAN'T PUT A MICRON GAUGE ON A MANIFOLD....GET IT?....it's an exposed silicon electronic device with refrigerant (oil, acid, $hit) touching it....and when you JAM 500 psig of N2 at this thing that is supposed to measure .0000194 psi.....how long do you think it will last OR be accurate? PLUS no one wants it next to the vacuum pump, they want it 10' down the system sooooooo forget the micron gauge on the manifold....
    Don't hold back... really.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Thermal Engineering Hoses

if there is I'd be willing to bet it will be with Thermal Engineering hoses

Have you used any TE hoses Profiler ? I like the Thermal better

Just one mans opinion
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    ....and when you JAM 500 psig of N2 at this thing that is supposed to measure .0000194 psi.....
    Like trying to "measure inches on your odometer" Eh Doug

Post Likes
    ive never heard of thermal engineering hoses
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    i-Vu, CCN
    NATE's:

Post Likes
    ive never heard of thermal engineering hoses
    Nobody that I know has them by me either

They do have them here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    do I feel like an idiot. I am very sorry.

The JB's is the ones I got.

Okay. I have the testo older style 523 too. I don't like neither.

I might try yours. If it can read fast to set a lpc that is great.
    oh they do mine 1200's do anyway
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Thermal's name for them on their literature is the "Sherman" Probably cause they are built as solid as that old M4.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    I'll take a 4 valve version and a 2 valve version, and an additional 2 valve one made so my BTD-1000 mounts right on it.

Almost 4 years and my BTD-1000 is still working as great as the day it was new.
    I'll be picking up a 1250 at some point this summer, hope the new manifold is ready!

After wasting money on a couple of Refco digital sets, my boss finally did the right thing and bought a Digi-Cool DRSA-1600 and loves it.
    He lives with his wife and 2 daughters though, so I guess he is used to PINK!
    I know, it is "dusty rose", but I still call it pink.

Post Likes
    its pink.
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    i-Vu, CCN
    NATE's:

Post Likes
    I'll test one. just send it my way
    Thomas aka...spymoocow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in