TAC Micronet Pros/Cons?

My company is looking to install controls in one of our maintained buildings.

Can anyone provide me with some pros or cons of the invensys TAC Micronet BACnet system?

We use Staefa MS1800 in our other buildings and are looking into some newer products for our controls needs.

thanks guys,
    ben kirchner
    WPAFB, OH

Frying pan - fire.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Frying pan - fire.
    Ditto.

With Invensys' product history, and (lack of) support, you would be wise to search out another, more stable company to replace the controls you already have.

hey I wanna thank you guys for helping me out. Mucho Appreciado.

We are still looking into several options, and we'll take any input from you guys.

ben

... easy to email also. I'll be at least a part of Ohio next week.

At this point in the industry, it's not so much the product at the field controller level but the front end usability and the competence in the installing contractor. Field controllers are a commodity now, they all stroke a damper or modulate a valve. Find a contractor you like, has a good reputation, and knows how to set the system up properly and to your specifications. There is nothing wrong with TAC I/A stuff, it works fine when setup properly. Like any DDC controller. I would however, stay away from a TAC dealer who wants to give you a Tridium R2 front end. The new Tridium AX platform is leaps and bounds better than R2, which is pretty much a legacy product now. AX is the future and a much better system. IMO.

The IA Series TAC programming tool, Work Place Tech, is the strong point of the product as far as I am concerned. It is a common programming platform for both the MNL(LON) and MNB(Bacnet) product. It offers an open option in both protocols and you do not have 2 different tools. The Bacnet Commissiong tool is cool also. The Bacnet line has some gaps in I/O that the LON product does not....better I/O count to fit more apps.

Quote Originally Posted by AXR2 View Post
    The IA Series TAC programming tool, Work Place Tech, is the strong point of the product as far as I am concerned. It is a common programming platform for both the MNL(LON) and MNB(Bacnet) product. It offers an open option in both protocols and you do not have 2 different tools. The Bacnet Commissiong tool is cool also. The Bacnet line has some gaps in I/O that the LON product does not....better I/O count to fit more apps.
    ...and is not available for purchase to the open market.

wow, very good information from all of you guys.

thank you very much, this has been very helpful to us.

HVAC-Talk is the schnizz....