Facilitator n2 Open?

My company services a building which has an old Facilitator/Companion panel.
    One of the AHU's is up for replacement. Although an upgrade to an FX/Tridium is in the works for the future, it is not in the budget now.
    Can an n2 Open device be used on the existing system(for example, an FX16 or FX07)?

Yes they can as a VND N2open device. Generate a .prn file and manually add

I don't have a definite answer but I doubt any of the FX-Field Controllers will talk either the Facilitator or Companion. A UNT1100 series or a VMA will NOT work with either. If you really have a Facilitator you may even have problems with standard AS-XXXXXX devices. It (Facilitator) originally required the FA-XXXXX devices and would not work with the AS line. Just about any thing after HVAC-Pro 7.03 (support) wont work.

Get the FX-20/40/60 in and then you won't have to worry at all.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by trickndude View Post
    Yes they can as a VND N2open device. Generate a .prn file and manually add
    As Rosanne Rosannadanna used to say "Never Mind" !

Really, have you tested it ? My sources said it won't work but I sold my only Companion to a customer that let the smoke out of theirs.

Trickn, I hope you are right cause that my save me some time.

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

My "sources" also say you can't do it. Based on your responses, it looks like I'll have to take an FX control to the site and try it. I'll let you know if it works. It might be awhile 'till I get there. Thanks

Haven't actually tried on a facilitator, but Johnson Tech documents claim it can be done on any supervisory controller including Companion and Facilitator. I've done it on the N30 I just couldnt import the .prn. Good Luck hope it works.

Trickndude is correct. Bring them in as vendor devices and use the .prn from FX Builder. You can't automatically import the .prn so you'll have to add the points manually. I have done this with FX-15's before. Good luck.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    If you really have a Facilitator you may even have problems with standard AS-XXXXXX devices. It (Facilitator) originally required the FA-XXXXX devices and would not work with the AS line. Just about any thing after HVAC-Pro 7.03 (support) wont work.

Get the FX-20/40/60 in and then you won't have to worry at all.
    Let me know if I get this right, as my situation is the other way around...

CFACTECH wishes to replace a FA-AHU with a AS-AHU, hooked up to a FA-CPN. It is also my understanding, as other answered, that the AHU can be brought in as a VND and points created manually from the .PRN.

Now, a situation I'm facing... I have a FA-CPN (6.02), with 2 FA-DX9100 hooked up. The Companion died last week, after a short 15 years life... RIP... I wish to offer to install a FX20 as a replacement, if possible. Do you believe the FX20 will be able to speak to the FA-DXs? Or do I need to somehow convert the FA-DX to std-DX, maybe by changing the firmware chip?

Thanks!

Going from memory here,

An FA-CPN could not communicate with the AS-xxx controllers (only FA controllers) but the AS(?) CPN201/LTD could talk to both FA and AS controllers.

We did a retrofit/upgrade that had a couple of the old FA-UNT101-0's and they worked just fine with an FX-40. The only problem I have run into with the really old UNT101's is some of tthem are/were still Dos-Pro, which meant I had to re-configure them with HVAC(win) Pro.

To answer your question I believe that the FX-DX9100 should work just fine with an FX20/40/60, but I may be wrong !

I think CCIKelly is correct. Worst case if it doesn't work, swap out the chip in the DX.