+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johnson Controls Software

Post Likes

Johnson Controls Software

We have one New Building with 10 Ahu's 2VAV type with 12 vav Boxes other are constant, 25 Fan coil units 2 chilled water pumps.My question is what we required to control and Monitor this Building with web base Software.Is it Metasys and one FX40 +VMAs and field controllers acording to Points are enough or there is some other Software requirements.Thanks.

Post Likes
    If it is all existing N2 and you want web based, yeah an FX-40 will do the trick but an FX60 should cost you less. Both come with the software pre-installed. Technically you don't need anything else except maybe M-Tools for legacy ACS's or FX-Builder for FX-Field controlers.

What is existing in the building now ?
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    Exactly WHat is is there now?
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    At presant there is no system.We want to Start with new system.

Post Likes
    Are all the devices N2? FX40 or 60 with that software or NAE with SCT...
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrig View Post
    At presant there is no system.We want to Start with new system.
    If there is no system then why are you looking for JCI software? You need to be very specific on what advise your looking for.

Post Likes
    I think I did not put question in correct way.Actually Hvac system is already there,what we need is Johnson control System to monitor and control the Building.So what Software and BAS Hardware is required for our equipment?

Post Likes
    Thanks for the clarification,

Today my suggestion would be (in 6 months it will probably be different):
    UNT's for the AHU's, VMA's for the VAV Boxes, TEC2100 for the fan coils and UNT's for the central plant, FX-40/60 as a network manager/UI and M-tools for the (Yes, Legacy) ASC's. What you spend on devices you will save on programming and startup. I don't know anyone that can talk you through troubleshooting the FX-Field controllers over the phone just yet.

Most service companies have 1 or more tech's that are good with the M-tools stuff, your learning curve will not be as steep and the legacy ASC's have a solid track record even though they cost more. You could even run the central plant with a 60 and an NDIO module and eliminate a UNT or 2.

I know I will get heat about the ACS part but I don't have a strong comfort level with the FX-controllers just yet. As I said, in 6 months I will likely recommend something different, maybe even LON (that's a huge statment from someone who has done N2 for 14 years) !

You will probably get a TON of suggestion now that you have more clearly identified what you are looking for.
    Last edited by Cagey57; 04-08-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typo
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    With JCI there is two paths you could take. You can get Facility Explorer from your local ABCS or distributor, which would be FX Builder for FX-7, 14, 15, 16, VMA's and FX Workbench for FX-20, 40, or 60's. The other path is to have your local JCI branch install FEC's and NAE's. It all depends on which you would prefer, with NAE's your lock-in with JCI (which may be good or bad) or with FX's you could have anyone service.

Is that the info your looking for?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    I know I will get heat about the ACS part but I don't have a strong comfort level with the FX-controllers just yet. As I said, in 6 months I will likely recommend something different, maybe even LON (that's a huge statment from someone who has done N2 for 14 years) !
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with ASC's if they support the sequence fairly well. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on this board that feels comfortable with FX controllers.

You should jump into the LON pool, it would help you with FX.

Post Likes
    Headed for LON/BACnet but I still have to be productive with the old stuff (boss said so). Too many deadlines not enough resources!

I'll get there, just need time. I like the FX line but I still get tripped up with SNVT's and UNVT's, it's that LON stuff ya know.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrig View Post
    I think I did not put question in correct way.Actually Hvac system is already there,what we need is Johnson control System to monitor and control the Building.So what Software and BAS Hardware is required for our equipment?
    SO there is no system at all controlling anything, you are just looking for suggestions on how to control everything. There is no devices at AHUS or VAVS and central plant.

If there is no devices currently iIwould go with NAE and FEC line devices throuhg your local JCI branch or FX line devices throuhg ABCS.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Hey coldrig,
    Just for my own information, why did you specifically refer to "Johnson Controls Software" ? Do you have experience with JCI stuff ? Is it presently JCI pneumatics ?

Just curious thats all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    Hey coldrig,
    Just for my own information, why did you specifically refer to "Johnson Controls Software" ? Do you have experience with JCI stuff ? Is it presently JCI pneumatics ?

Just curious thats all.
    Thank you every one for your nice suggestions.
    Yes I have some experience with Johnson Control.

Post Likes
    Your mixing your systems.
    If you use an NAE, there is no other software required other than the correct version of Java based on the Version of NAE...i.e 4.1 currently which uses Java 1.6_7.

Please don't think I'm rude but I don't understand your post. Please review and rewrite.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Mind View Post
    Your mixing your systems.
    If you use an NAE, there is no other software required other than the correct version of Java based on the Version of NAE...i.e 4.1 currently which uses Java 1.6_7.

Please don't think I'm rude but I don't understand your post. Please review and rewrite.
    Where's the mix?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Mind View Post
    If you use an NAE, there is no other software required other than the correct version of Java based on the Version of NAE
    What kind of BS statement is that?

Post Likes
    Hey D_Mind, Re-read the whole thread, remember that the people on this forum are controls types and not typists or english majors. I think it's up to you to try to understand a post, probably not kosher to ask for a re-write.

Lighten up a bit

Post Likes
    Understood- It was early in the morning and I was spent.
    My bad-

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in