Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

First Boiler Install

The design the engineer came up with was a bit different but we think the install turned out pretty good considering the space we had to deal with.
    It is the first boiler system we have installed and startup went off without a hitch.
    We also did all of the electrical.

Wow..........nice work.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

I think you are lying that this is your first boiler install.

You did a excellent job

I can't view the pics, what brand of boiler and burner?

piping looks great ditto on the electric but what are you venting in??? maybe just the pic but it looks like conduit? overall great job and this was not your first

haha thanks guys but it is seriously our first boiler install. The venting is System 636 CPVC venting. (new code for plastic venting in Manitoba) It is a Weil McLean Ultra310 condensing boiler. very nice modulating boiler. The building we are doing the installation in is a 9000 sq foot open timber building that was cut into 3 pieces and moved 40 miles. The disassembly and move of the building was covered by the Discovery and National Geographic Channels for a show called monster moves.
    Here are a couple pics of the building and the boiler system as it used to look (not installed by us)

Nice work.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

I worked for PowerFlame. I was at Weil Mclain when they were doing testing on those type boilers, they had a low emissions fiber matrix head for natural gas I believe and a Beckett oil burner for #2 fuel oil. Weil Mclain makes a good boiler.

First one? If you say so....Beautiful...
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

What company do you work for John and what building is that? Looks like Fort Whyte or something like it?

I work for Controlled Air in Winkler Manitoba. The building was in the Pembina Valley near Manitou Manitoba, it was called the Pembina Crossing. It was moved to the Morden Golf Course in January and is set to open May 1st.

Cool

Ummmm. you "WORK" for Controlled Air? When did that start happening Skippy? You mean you actually got out of your truck in temperatures below 50 deg f. No way man, don't believe it. Oh I know. You did the web cam thing from your truck when the other guys were in there "Slaving" away didn't you. You slave driving $@#^%$.

Actually guys, this was our first boiler install. I was away on holidays, you know, like bosses are supposed to do, and during that time my guys did this boiler install. They rock, no doubt about it. Have for years actually. I couldn't handpick a better crew. K...will you guys take me to Hooters now. Da boss

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Ok, I'm going to be picky.

Is that a flow switch or lwco by the spirovent. Either way it is installed wrong.

If it is a flow switch the branch is too long. Should be tight to the pipe.
    If it is a probe style lwco, you will get air trapped at the top.

If it something else, ignore me.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast