Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane LCI-I Lon interface for I-Pak help please

Have a stand alone 75 ton RTU with a LCI-I Lon-Talk comm. interface, all com. lights ok on LCI-I board except for red service light flashing every second. Indicates LCI- I is unconfigured. Intergrating with Honeywell WEBS AX. Have A Jace 600 and 30 xl10 vav controllers. Tried all different ways to discover the LCI-I and no luck. Started a new station hooked up directly and tried different Domain Id and length. No problem communicated to xl10.

If its unconfigured, then it thinks its a toaster or a washing machine....
    you cant discover it no matter what you do, it must be flashed back with the LCI code

You need Trane's Rover software to flashdownload to lci

Quote Originally Posted by TraneMechanic View Post
    You need Trane's Rover software to flashdownload to lci
    Yep. Not sure maybe you know but I do not think that the contractor version is capable. Do you have a copy of the Trane's tech version or whatever it is called that you could uh er uh let me "look" at?
    "It's always controls"

The 'contractor version' is the same as the 'tech version'. All the software exists on the disk. The only difference is the licensing. The software is licensed to the machine. Licensing will turn on any of the applications of the software. 'Looking' at a copy will not help you without a license.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Ok then. Does trane make it so that only trane can get the full license?
    "It's always controls"

No, $ get it done.

We dont do enough with trane to invest any more $. In fact due to the issues we have had with their lon lci junk, we no longer want to install any of their rtu's that are going to be integrated. I sure hope they fix all of their reliability issues.
    "It's always controls"

Curious what 'issues' you had? I have never had a 'reliability' problem that I am aware of. Have integrated many IntelliPaks with LCI cards.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Tranes "Lon reliability issues"...were in the beginning and possibly are still because they don't admit and/or rectify for the undisciplined/incorrect topology....Wrong wire..etc it was basic butchering of the install from the start at the core level on early comm5 jobs. They have manned up and made it right here and there...but not everywhere.
    Once that is corrected...I have had not noticed anymore issues from Trane than anyone else.

Still have issues with points not reading properly. Vfd running and maintaining good static but reporting 0%, a whole slew of points doing the same thing, have even plugged in with rover to see exactly what it is doing and got the same results. The biggest issue I have had is the fact that Trane has not at all been cooperative in getting these issues resolved. Nope no more trane, if you can not even support your product enough to fix the glitches that any product is going to have than I have no use for it.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by AutomatedFreak View Post
    ...lights ok on LCI-I board except for red service light flashing every second. Indicates LCI- I is unconfigured. ...
    If they supplied it they should supply it functional. If it's not, have them rectify the situation if you don't want to purchase the software license.

"unconfigured" means logically unconfigured, as in the lon configuration. You need to use your network tool/manager to re-assign the NID/dsn etc...

This doesn't mean that the board thinks it is a "washing machine or toaster", it is still an LCI-I.

This can happen if you have added the controller to a network, and then held the service pin in for 10+ seconds, also in rare occasions I've seen power issues cause this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast