Under the brilliant Midwestern Moon or Sun (depending on time of day).

What's the difference in Trane & American Standard furnaces of equal Size & Effic.?

What's the difference in Trane & American Standard furnaces of equal Size & Effic.?

I know they're made from the same company.

For example:
    American Standard ADH2B060A9V3VA
    versus
    Trane TDH2B060A9V3VA

Is there any real difference between these two, besides how the housing may look?

And do they function exactly the same?

In "general" , does AmStd sell for less than Tranes or vice versa (clearly, no specific $ asked for)?
    Or, in "general", do they run the same amounts.

Thanks

The difference is the name and the first letter in the model #.Thay work the same.for the cost difference cant go there on this site.I can put a trane in for XXX and a nother company can put it in for XXX that is what make us different its all on how thay put it in and there over head.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGHVACGUY View Post

....for the cost difference cant go there on this site.

Even with no prices being used, it still can't be said in general if one line normally is the same versus different (w/same install situation)?

That's amazing....,....oh well.

I was mainly referring to just general $ on a unit without regards to any install or overhead install costs. Just unit to unit.

Exact Same

Just Trane polices there dealers more and american standard I think anyone can buy, Just don't mistake it for a water closet.
    Do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    Just Trane polices there dealers more and american standard I think anyone can buy, Just don't mistake it for a water closet.

When I do buy one, it will be through a salesman & professoinal installer (company).

No DIY for me.

Good Man

[QUOTE=SmackDabAOK;2928892]
    I beleive you but thousands might not.
    Do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDabAOK View Post
    When I do buy one, it will be through a salesman & professoinal installer (company).

No DIY for me.
    Make sure you get several quotes. The model numbers and scope of work needs to written on each quote. You may be surprised about the difference in $$ among the quotes.

Good luck.

Cant buy american standard retail around here.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post

....Make sure you get several quotes. The model numbers and scope of work needs to written on each quote.

Good luck.

That was great advise, thank you for that!

I keep learning unexpected things as I've traversed this HVAC learning trip here.

I'm certain I know the answer to the following question, but I don't want to be surprised.
    So just to make sure I'm clear on one thing here, as you were mentioning model numbers. A gas furnace model number covers for it's blower also doesn't it?

Or, is that like an evap. coil ... & can be swapped or use different fan/blower model numbers ... & if homeowner isn't aware, then different ones (even brands maybe) could be installed w/furnace?

Thanks

Not all dealers get the same pricing on equipment of the same brand. A guy who sells 200 systems a year is gonna get better pricing than a guy who sells 10. The same goes with brands. They might be the same except for model and name, but a Trane dealer is going to get better pricing than an American Standard dealer and vice versa.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Furnace mod number will include its blower drive size.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Furnace mod number will include its blower drive size.
    Thanks

That's all inclusive then with the furnace model number.

That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    Not all dealers get the same pricing on equipment of the same brand. A guy who sells 200 systems a year is gonna get better pricing than a guy who sells 10. The same goes with brands. They might be the same except for model and name, but a Trane dealer is going to get better pricing than an American Standard dealer and vice versa.
    Like a Trane dealer will have better pricing on "Tranes" versus pricing on an American Standard, if he's not "American Standard" dealer per se.

That makes sense.

A question though:
    A company that will sell any brand that you want, can they hypothetically be a "dealer" for only a couple of brands, but yet can install any brand that you would want then?

Is that how that works? Or is it that you are a "dealer" for a brand simply by selling/installing one for a homeowner?