+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digi Cool & Tank Sat.

Post Likes

Digi Cool & Tank Sat.

Did a experiment with R 22 Satutaion And the Digcool verse Analog

Test a sample(s) of r22 with know levels of moisture added.

With the Digicool it was easy to spot with a sat test even at very small amounts.

Anolog had to have higher levels to spot.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    So, go out and get Digicools immediately?
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Post Likes
    Already did.

Post Likes
    mine shipped today.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xgfreon View Post
    mine shipped today.
    Best tool you'll own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Did a experiment with R 22 Satutaion And the Digcool verse Analog

Test a sample(s) of r22 with know levels of moisture added.

With the Digicool it was easy to spot with a sat test even at very small amounts.

Anolog had to have higher levels to spot.
    Can you explain this test?

I'm looking for a way to justify digicools to the boss (wife ) and if they can do something that would help me more accurately than what I currently use, then I have a way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Can you explain this test?

I'm looking for a way to justify digicools to the boss (wife ) and if they can do something that would help me more accurately than what I currently use, then I have a way.

I made a test set up out of 1” copper 3” long Both sides crimped and brazed with Schrader on both ends Then I pressure tested them for about 1 week at 175 PSIG maybe longer I don’t remember . (x6)
    Pull it to 150 microns standing vacuum test for a day. Did this for all for all 5
    Took one and Filled (80 %) it with R22 sorry can’t remember the weight need to look it up on a pipe Chart. Did this amount for all Six
    Chamber 1 Filled with R22 from a vacuum standing vacuum (24 hr ) of 150 microns let stand for 12hr 24 hrs at 70 deg F Stat out on the Nose 48hr.

Chamber 2 Let is stand open to Atmosphere for 20 min then filled with R22 at 70 deg F stand for 24hrs 48hr 72 hrs reading.

Repeated this above only change
    Chamber 3 Let stand to Atmosphere for 2 hrs
    Chamber 4 to Atmosphere for 24 hr
    Chamber 5 open from a vacuum of 150 micron in shower with room air 100% RH left open for 20 min
    Chamber 6 added 5 drops of water from Eye Dropper .
    Digicool show changes on all of them.
    Analog and Fluke 52-2 with pipe clamp Possible Moisture on 4 and moisture on 5 and 6.
    Sorry I Did this near the end June of 2008 and had the numbers wrote down then in July early July The cancer Surgeries’ X3 stared so I never post the stuff. God only know were the paper with the Numbers are.
    A friend brought up he Sat a tank and I decide to post. If When I find the number I’ll post them.
    Or my son and I might do the experiment again when I feel better.
    I (we) made the Chambers so we could learn about Temp/Pressure Relationship. Vacuum and micron ect…
    I Hope this helps.

Post Likes
    very creative FCS

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    very creative FCS

Thank you It's fun and my son and I enjoy it.

We also Made a Bell Jar. He like the doing marshmallows exp. like YJ has on there site.

Post Likes
    Wow fcs you sure do have a lot of time on your hands

My extra time is spent changing diapers
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    Wow fcs you sure do have a lot of time on your hands

My extra time is spent changing diapers

I remember those days and don't miss them at all.

I love doing the Experiments with my son (8 1/2yr)

I used to have no time and tons of energy. Now I have a lot of spare time and No energy.

Planing on 2010 being busy and fun with my Health and energy back

Post Likes

Planing on 2010 being busy and fun with my Health and energy back
    We all hope so
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    I made a test set up out of 1” copper 3” long Both sides crimped and brazed with Schrader on both ends Then I pressure tested them for about 1 week at 175 PSIG maybe longer I don’t remember . (x6)
    Pull it to 150 microns standing vacuum test for a day. Did this for all for all 5
    Took one and Filled (80 %) it with R22 sorry can’t remember the weight need to look it up on a pipe Chart. Did this amount for all Six
    Chamber 1 Filled with R22 from a vacuum standing vacuum (24 hr ) of 150 microns let stand for 12hr 24 hrs at 70 deg F Stat out on the Nose 48hr.

Chamber 2 Let is stand open to Atmosphere for 20 min then filled with R22 at 70 deg F stand for 24hrs 48hr 72 hrs reading.

Repeated this above only change
    Chamber 3 Let stand to Atmosphere for 2 hrs
    Chamber 4 to Atmosphere for 24 hr
    Chamber 5 open from a vacuum of 150 micron in shower with room air 100% RH left open for 20 min
    Chamber 6 added 5 drops of water from Eye Dropper .
    Digicool show changes on all of them.
    Analog and Fluke 52-2 with pipe clamp Possible Moisture on 4 and moisture on 5 and 6.
    Sorry I Did this near the end June of 2008 and had the numbers wrote down then in July early July The cancer Surgeries’ X3 stared so I never post the stuff. God only know were the paper with the Numbers are.
    A friend brought up he Sat a tank and I decide to post. If When I find the number I’ll post them.
    Or my son and I might do the experiment again when I feel better.
    I (we) made the Chambers so we could learn about Temp/Pressure Relationship. Vacuum and micron ect…
    I Hope this helps.

Hi

Please help me here im not understanding how you are able to determine moisture on the analog or the digital. What do you look for?
    Analog and pipe clamp? Im totally lost at what the pipe clamp is doing... temperature??

Thanks

Post Likes
    pressure and temp vary directly..

so if its virgin refer only, then the temp of the pipe will equal the pressure on a pt chart. if there is something else in the system then you wont have an exact pressure relationship. at least you shouldnt..

i think thats what he is doing..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Exactly, Pascone

Post Likes
    I love doing the Experiments with my son (8 1/2yr)

I used to have no time and tons of energy. Now I have a lot of spare time and No energy.

Planing on 2010 being busy and fun with my Health and energy back[/QUOTE]

Continuing to think of you and remembering you in my prayers, remembered a sermon I heard a while back on the verse "it came to pass", so in time this too shall pass and 2010 is getting closer every day.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    So, go out and get Digicools immediately?
    Have been thinking of getting these... Went tho there web and not very much info and the difference between the 1250 and 1600.

I though the 1600 (higher#) wold be higher end unit,but they were less than the 1250. Going back to their webto see if I can figure out the difference.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post

so if its virgin refer only, then the temp of the pipe will equal the pressure on a pt chart. if there is something else in the system then you wont have an exact pressure relationship. at least you shouldnt..

Hi

OK thanks for the reply. Im trying to wrap my mind around how the DigiCools can be used in the field to determine moisture in a system.

With what you have stated about temp and pressure relationship does this mean that in the field the only way to use the DigiCools for moisture detection is to power a system off and allow the system to sit for what 2 or 3 hours to allow all of the components in the refrigerant circuit like the compressor and the coils etc to cool off and thermally equalize with the refrigerant in the system,and then test the tubing temperature against a pressure chart for that particular refrigerant?

Would it logic that moisture would be likely to settle in a specific area and that would be the best place to test?

How about with the system running ?
    Other than the fluctuation in pressures that often is observed if non condesables are in a system while running. Is there a trick with these Digicools that improves the ability at identifiying moisture in a system while it is running ?

Thanks
    Last edited by AtoZhvac; 04-04-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: ADDITIONS

Post Likes
    Let me see if I can explain this, I have been told that with the system on to disconnect the compressor, leaving both indoor and outdoor fans running, attaching the gauges to the unit, the high side pressure should equal the outdoor air temp, if its 95 then high side should be 182 psig low side should equal to the pressure of the inside temp. R22 system.
    This should also work with a system not running, I would be interested in hearing if there is a way to check this with the system fully functioning.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post

You got it Pascone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in