Questions about New Muchkin Install

Questions about New Muchkin Install

Had the Munckin installed and things have been going well. Had the company come back and they made some adjustments to the Hot Water settings lowered and they changed an outdoor reset setting.

2 questions:

They used copper pipe for the condensate removal (via pump). I read in the manual that copper or steel should not be used as it will crode. They did change it to plastic but said that copper would have done OK and they use it often. The run is behind a wall and I was afraid I would not notice a leakWhat do you guys think?

They installed a Bradford White Indirect HW tank. It had 3 anode tubes. How often should they be changed? I do not have a water softner and the water is not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rickny View Post
    Had the Munckin installed and things have been going well. Had the company come back and they made some adjustments to the Hot Water settings lowered and they changed an outdoor reset setting.

2 questions:

They used copper pipe for the condensate removal (via pump). I read in the manual that copper or steel should not be used as it will crode. They did change it to plastic but said that copper would have done OK and they use it often. The run is behind a wall and I was afraid I would not notice a leakWhat do you guys think?

They installed a Bradford White Indirect HW tank. It had 3 anode tubes. How often should they be changed? I do not have a water softner and the water is not hard.
    Never use copper pipe for condensate removal on high efficiency furnaces. The high acid level will eat the pipe.

As far as the anode rods, have your contractor inspect them annually. It's not hard to do. After a few years they should be able to determine the frequency of replacement. There are so many variables to determine anode replacement intervals.