High sulfur dioxide from drywall

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...3/daily15.html

More info on drywall off-gasing when damp.
    Some fresh air ventilation and maintaining <50%RH may help this situation. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

There must be more to it than just SO2. SO2 is a lung irritant, but i don't see it causing major health issues in lower concentrations. We have faily high concentrations of SO2 in our milling operations (need a respirator in some areas) and the operators actually claim that once they start working there , they never get a cold again. It's keeps them cleaned out they say.

I wonder is high level of formadyhyde in cheaply made cabinets and sub-flooring or some VOC's are mostly to blame.

Fresh air ventialtion would defnitely help either way.

Correction... I finally read the article. It's not SO2 (sulfur dioxide), that the problem, it's hydrogen disulfide (H2S) and carbonyl sulfide (COS). That's a whole different ballgame.

both are naturally occuring and commonly found in the air in very low concentrations. The most common issue it the odor. Low concetratiosn over a long time can have adverse health effects.