Thread: Trane XV90 vs Carrier Infinity ICS (humidifier?)

Post Likes

Confused Trane XV90 vs Carrier Infinity ICS (humidifier?)

Gentlemen,

Previously, I posted as to which one is better and I have decided on the Infinity ICS based on the responses. Now, the installation will be tomorrow (3/31/09) and the dealer asked me if I wanted the 5 year old Honeywell humidifier on the old furnace, installed on the NEW one. The humidifier IS NOT WORKING because copper tubing clogged-up with water scales one year after we took possession of the house and I have decided to use a portable one which is working fine so far. I indicated to him that I,ll just keep it aside and decide later on if I want it re-installed. The question here is: Is it a wise decision on my part?

Post Likes
    6 one way, half a dozen the other way.

Post Likes
    So in a sense, it really does not matter. And oops!!! on the "I,ll" comma on the original post.

Post Likes
    If your happy with your room/portable humidifier. No need for the central.

If you think you might get tired of filling the portable, then get the central re installed.

Completely up to your disgression.

Post Likes
    I would have had them put a new one in while they were there and wired it up. It should be more economical than a separate trip later. I don't like filling up portable units. Just my preference.

Post Likes
    If the old one is fine just a water line issue, cheapest is to have it reinstalled. No point in buying a new one. Can save but cost to install later is lots more than to do now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in