Flush, overheated pastry case

We have a customer with stand alone pastry cases. The condenser is below the case and gets dirty really fast. The unit overheats, oil turns to paraffin and stops up the TXV and gets distributed throughout the system. We replace the TXV and a few months later it's stopped up again.

We have been flushing the system, replacing the TXV and and other components at a high cost to the customer.

We've decided to put a high temp shut down and alarm light to prevent the overheating.

Anyone had any experience with this or can you recommend low cost components or controls for this safety?

dryer install

I've been fixing coolers for many years never had a cooler turning to paraffin.. due to overheat. I generally make sure you have ample air first off then instruct them to blowout condenser on there own frequently.. you might have had the dryer let go its innards which is what you keep removing from the tx valve... i would recommend a nice dryer before the tx valve to stop material.. adn you could always last ditch make condenser remote.... to limit dirt in condenser. good luck
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

It's definatly a result of overheating and the refrigerant oil. We've flushed at least 40 units over 2 years from one manufacturer.

never seen that

never had that happen is there a unit we should be watching for... good luck with that job can you change to a different oil maybe with different properties... sounds like you must just shake your head every call you get onone of these units...
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

I have worked on many cases with condensing units close to the floor and yes they do get clogged quickly! A High pressure switch with manual reset could prevent compressor/system damage. It could also be connected to an alarm of sometype to notify the equipment owner of a problem. A different oil may also help. They do make wax free oils that do not turn to wax when they overheat, but that is just dodging the problem. I've also seen condensing units with prefilters to collect dirt and grime before it reaches the condensor. These have to be designed properly, and still require maintenance and cleaning.

What you can do is to install a coiled up 3/8 line from the discharge to the condensor inlet. It should look like a spring. This will give you a little more surface area to help expel the heat. It would depend on the amount of space available.

Seems kind of silly, but did you clean the grills when you cleaned the coil.

My boss sells Tor Rey. They have no idea how costumer installs their stuff and made no plans for airflow. I have a bunch of them overheating. They do not last long enough to be a persistent problem
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

make sure you clean the grills