Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    i just bought one. looks pretty slick. i got it to keep from hauling my old bones up and down ladders on rooftop jobs,but it looks like it will be handy for single story too. this may be one of those tools you wonder how you lived without it. or it may be crap. if you have one post your experiences good or bad and situations you've used it.
    it's great for remote control takes a little getting used to
    Last edited by on time air; 04-15-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling

anyone know where you can buy one of these online?
    "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential"

Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Tie Strap View Post
    anyone know where you can buy one of these online?

http://www.zebrastat.com/WhereBuy/WherePurchase.htm

Zebra Stat will show a shunted or going to ground (circuit on a control board) as yellow instead of green. Your jumper and volt meter will not confirm that unless one is a rocket scientist of sorts. Tends to pay for itself when a problem call arises.

I agree I just used mine's yesterday in front of a customer and he was amazed at what I was doing. Especially whe I was controlling the furnace without using the T/S! But I do admit that sometimes I forget that I have the darn thing!

i still see that i have no use for this tool

it may show you guys something, but the only thing it would do for me is take money out of my bank account upon purchase and use up valuble space in my small service truck
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Very useful tool for troubleshooting control issues. You can isolate any single function of the system and if there is a short anywhere, it will show up in the LED when all toggles are in the off position.

Makes it real easy to test system from one location rather then have to keep running around. Also, no worries about someone changing the stat settings while you are working on the system or the stat satisfying right at that critical moment in your testing.

Use for what it is designed for and not just as a fancy jumper, it can be an invaluable tool.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Just got zebra-Stat today. I'll let u guys know how it goes when I test it.

Can u give me a practical examples on how I would use this tool on a high efficiency furnace? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Very useful tool for troubleshooting control issues. You can isolate any single function of the system and if there is a short anywhere, it will show up in the LED when all toggles are in the off position.

Makes it real easy to test system from one location rather then have to keep running around. Also, no worries about someone changing the stat settings while you are working on the system or the stat satisfying right at that critical moment in your testing.

Use for what it is designed for and not just as a fancy jumper, it can be an invaluable tool.
    Can u gimme a few practical examples on how I would use this tool on a High eff furnace? Thanks

Twilly do have both Zebra's
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by moenaboulsi View Post
    Can u gimme a few practical examples on how I would use this tool on a High eff furnace? Thanks
    The one I have is primarily for heat pump applications. For gas furnaces, I leave all control wires attached while connecting all of the Zebra stat wires. I use the aux. white wire for the furnace W terminal.

While connected in this way, if there are any shorts anywhere between control wires or within control components, the corresponding light to the control that has the short will glow. Now you know to look for wires with insulation issues, nails run through them or rodent chewed.

Once you have clear lights, disconnect all control wires from the board and use the Z-stat to control each component as needed. Using the heat pump stat on a furnace, you have to disconnect the Y yellow wire to the Z-stat and flip the Y switch to on because it is assuming that to be the first stage of heat on a heat pump. Then you can control the furnace heat with the W button.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I got the short pro & resettable 5a fuse from zebra.
    Glad I didn't buy stat analyzer, though i was pondering a good 5 minutes on it. My thought was about using jumpers instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast