Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

any body got a zebra stat analyzer?

i just bought one. looks pretty slick. i got it to keep from hauling my old bones up and down ladders on rooftop jobs,but it looks like it will be handy for single story too. this may be one of those tools you wonder how you lived without it. or it may be crap. if you have one post your experiences good or bad and situations you've used it.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

I almost bought one a year ago. But then I thought about it, by the time I hook that up, I could have just use some jumpers to accomplish the same thing. Also more and more RTU's have tests modes. I would say 60% of the units I work on now have some sort of test mode.

I almost bought one a year ago. But then I thought about it, by the time I hook that up, I could have just use some jumpers to accomplish the same thing. Also more and more RTU's have tests modes. I would say 60% of the units I work on now have some sort of test mode.

But a fellow tech has one and loves it. He always tries to sell me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    i just bought one. looks pretty slick. i got it to keep from hauling my old bones up and down ladders on rooftop jobs,but it looks like it will be handy for single story too. this may be one of those tools you wonder how you lived without it. or it may be crap. if you have one post your experiences good or bad and situations you've used it.

Bought one 3 yrs ago and today I can't tell you where it is. Just another bulky toy to carry around when 3 or 4 jumpers do the same trick.

Good luck with yours

i have one... used it 2 times in a couple years.. lol

it cool i use it for heat pumps now and again. works well with multiple staged equipment. easier to put one jump on a terminal strip then two
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

yep i have one too and also never use it, the only thing useful is the resettable fuse for finding low voltage shorts.

But now zebra made a resettable fuse that I also have and highly recommend so now i have no use for the zebra stat heres a link to what im talking

http://www.getzebra.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZSPRT

I also have the variable speed zebra and used it once and ive had it for well over a year i just stick to my tech mate
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

Used one at the thermostat about a month ago and found a shorted wire to a low pressure switch in a heatpump. It was shaorting on copper. Could have taken a while to find it, but with the Z-stat, 5 mins. Fuses where blowing in the attic ahu.

I was looking at those But thought a jumper would do Just as well.

Let us know what you think.
    If you help others then you are a Success

yea, they are caled zebra gator clips
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

We have one on each truck. They are not used much on simple systems or simple service calls, but when you have a weird issue on a dual fuel system with a two stage heat pump, two stage furnace, with a complicated thermostat, they can save a lot of time. The LEDs let you know exactly what the system is supposed to be doing. Sure jumpers and a volt meter will do the same thing but the Zebra Stat is handy.
    We have one Variable Zebra and it is fun to play with, but never gets used on service calls, it's just not needed.
    One thing I will say for both of them is they do tend to impress those customers that hang around and watch you work.
    Anything I say here is only my opinion. Even if you understood what I said.... What I said may not even be what I meant.

i don't think it will ever replace a jumper for ease and lack of weight, but a jumper won't help you find some shorts and board set ups. the one i bought does have the auto re set feature. i don't think i will use it that often, but i think it could be handy in some situations. i think chuck may be right that it could impress the over your shoulder types. usually they are the types that love tools.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

I have one I bought three years ago it was pretty snazzy for a year then it went into the tool box, maybe i'll bust it out for old time sakes, it'll probably fit in my current bag.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    i don't think it will ever replace a jumper for ease and lack of weight, but a jumper won't help you find some shorts and board set ups. the one i bought does have the auto re set feature. i don't think i will use it that often, but i think it could be handy in some situations. i think chuck may be right that it could impress the over your shoulder types. usually they are the types that love tools.
    the auto reset is the only useful feature other than showing off to the over the shoulder guy

other wise its just jumpers with toggle switch's.

I do love my short pro its small and very very helpful in finding low voltage shorts
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast