Carrier Controls ?

I'm just about settled on my new system selctions, but -

Do the Carrier Infinity's - 25HNA9,6 - all talk on a network (ie, not have normal Y, W, etc. terminals for interconnecting)?

If I drop down, to Performance, or Comfort (25HPA, 25HCA) do I then get back to regular style control interconnections?

I will need to interface to an existing AS 90 furnace, and I don't want to get stuck in a control issue where I have to a pitch a good furnace because it doesn't 'talk' Carrier.

Also, are all of these versions listed TXV types or do they have some version of a flowrater type device (for indoor coil)? Does that TXV normally come with the coil (without being listed seperately on the specs)?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by tshep; 03-28-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: added TXV ?

Bump

Any Carrier guys out there - did I ask the question wrong?

I read (on another site) about some control engineer removing a 'network module' so he could directly control the HNA unit. I got the impression the HNA's had something (maybe like a version of a 485 network) that all the equipment (including the stats) 'talked' on. I'm hoping to find out if that's true, and/or how far down the 'rebate scale' (HPA, HCA) I have to go to just have 'regular' equipment (R,B,O,Y,W, etc.) Or does the Infinity style have both the network and the regular connections? Any help?

Thanks anyone!
    Last edited by tshep; 03-28-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Eventually, a Carrier guy will come a long.

Its the weekend.

They may have gone a way for the day or weekend.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The 19 SEER 25hna9 needs INFINITY control and will only with ALL INFINITY stuff,you can get a NIM (non-Infinity Module) and use it with an Infinity heater or FE fan coil.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

HPG is right, the HNA9 needs the infinity control, but the HNA6 can use infinity OR regular thermostat and has both ABCD infinity plug and RCW... etc. terminals.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Thanks guys - I kinda need to roll on this before the weather goes either way - it's very mild right now in VA