High Efficient Terminations + Rodents?

High Efficient Terminations + Rodents?

Has anyone found a way to keep mice out of the high efficient terminations? I have a furnace that either gets mice in the combustion box or the customer puts a screen on the outside and the furnace will not light. Any suggestions?

Either get an exterminator or buy a cat. My cat doesn't let anything live in or around my yard. He brings me little dead presents all the time.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

The customer lives in an agricultural setting where he would need several cats. Is there a type of screen/mesh we can but on the exhaust/intake that won't restrict airflow?

Quote Originally Posted by ksagert View Post
    The customer lives in an agricultural setting where he would need several cats.
    What's wrong with that??? buy 1 female cat, don't get it spayed... by next year I'll gurantee you'll have all the rodent catches you'll ever need.

I thought generally they are located high enough above the ground to deter rodents. How high is it located?

Quote Originally Posted by ksagert View Post
    The customer lives in an agricultural setting where he would need several cats. Is there a type of screen/mesh we can but on the exhaust/intake that won't restrict airflow?
    Is this a DIY question?
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

I know plumbing supply house sell that stainless chicken wire cut a hair bigger than the pipe- slide it in about a 1/2" should work to keep out those varmits...
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"

Quote Originally Posted by superheatrman View Post
    Has anyone used those. It still might be a large enough gap for most mice.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsacavsfan View Post
    Is this a DIY question?
    I'm a first refrigeration mechanic and was sked to put the question on the forum by my manager. A couple of the other servicemen have been pulling mice & nests out of the combustion box. The customer has tried stucco mesh but with our weather here in the Great White North, it freezes up, thus preventing the furnace from lighting.
    With regards to height, it's tough to say, but we have a hunch that the mice might be using the condenser outside to access the venting.
    Has anyone used the flue cap?