Thread: home warranty

home warranty

Home warranty company sent a technician to my sister n laws house and the condemned her Air Handler. They want to just replace the Air Handler and leave the 20 year old heat pump. I am trying to get them to replace all. Any suggestions?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Tell her to ask for a "cash out" amount,take the money and buy a system elsewhere ,even from the contractor they sent out.

The fan coil they supply, likely will not support more then 13 SEER, no $1500.00
    Tax credit with that!

what he said

though I'd probably disagree with using the warranty company's contractor. They are usually some willing to work for peanuts and from what we see, that's what they are worth I'm sure there are exceptions but picking your own from recommendations from friends & neighbors would be a lot safer.

They are not going to replace everything. They are only going to replace what is broken. That is how these warranties work. If you want to replace everything, you need to see if they have a cashout option. If so, do that, cancel the home warranty which should be worth a few hundred a year and buy what you want.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

I worked for a home warranty company for a year. First as mentioned the only thing that will get replace is whats broken and its only covered if it falls under their guidelines of being "covered". The "cashout" option will be the lowest amount possible and will not cover what you want replaced. I would have the part repaired then <Don't make those kinds of suggestions here>
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-29-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Removed bad suggestion

Isn't that where the problem starts? How do you sleep?
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-29-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Removed quote containing bad suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by thermofridge View Post
    Isn't that where the problem starts? How do you sleep?
    No ****.......WTF????

I hope he was joking about that.....damn.....
    I need a new signature.....

mismatching a system, (which is what they intend on doing) gets very technical;

that being said, your the first person i ever heard of

that is getting a new air handler from any home warranty company

consider yourself lucky

What? What did I say? oooooook

So the last part, which was removed you obviously shouldn't do.
    As stated though you should feel lucky that a part is getting replace under the warranty. The guy I worked for would never cover anything when it had to do with air conditioning. It always fell under the "pre existing " clause.Well good luck with that.