Thread: AX mail service

AX mail service

Up until now we've have Invensys R2, but recently added a Niagara to a building on campus with a web600 with AX embedded Workbench and the user interface served from the 600.

I was looking through the AX services and didn't see an equivilent service to the R2 Mail Service or Notification Service for emailing alarms to cell phones and PCs. I hope the equivilent services are availible in the 600 and I'm just not recognizing them, rather than having to buy the full optional Alarm service to get the same minimal notifications we get from R2 services.

Can someone tell me what service in AX does this? Just want to be emailed for low boiler temp and chiller fault. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hvactalker View Post
    Up until now we've have Invensys R2, but recently added a Niagara to a building on campus with a web600 with AX embedded Workbench and the user interface served from the 600.

I was looking through the AX services and didn't see an equivilent service to the R2 Mail Service or Notification Service for emailing alarms to cell phones and PCs. I hope the equivilent services are availible in the 600 and I'm just not recognizing them, rather than having to buy the full optional Alarm service to get the same minimal notifications we get from R2 services.

Can someone tell me what service in AX does this? Just want to be emailed for low boiler temp and chiller fault. Thanks
    Open the email palette. Email service is there.

Ditto Ninax.
    I played with email to SMS. Does anyone have a good external provider for this?. I am UK based although this shouldn't matter but I would like to be able to SMS an older reliable work horse phone such as the Nokia 6210.
    gnomethang

Thanks,
    Now I'm further than I was, as I just saw the pallet list for the first time. There's about 25 pallet items, such as Chart API, Fox Protocol, Niagara Bacnet Module.. and the only one that looked like a possibility for email was Niagara Alarm Module. I opened the Alarm Module and expanded each expandable item without running into a mail reference.

Maybe I better ask the vendor about mail before I accidently mangle something while looking for it.

Is the mail function commonly included in a standalone 600 without an AX Supervisor? Embedded Workbench is installed if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Now I'm further than I was, as I just saw the pallet list for the first time. There's about 25 pallet items, such as Chart API, Fox Protocol, Niagara Bacnet Module.. and the only one that looked like a possibility for email was Niagara Alarm Module. I opened the Alarm Module and expanded each expandable item without running into a mail reference.

Maybe I better ask the vendor about mail before I accidently mangle something while looking for it.

Is the mail function commonly included in a standalone 600 without an AX Supervisor? Embedded Workbench is installed if that makes a difference.
    If it's not in the JACE, you just need to load it (email module) from Workbench.

It's a relief to know the email feature is supposed to be there and where it should be. Thanks for your assurance Ninax.

The system is still being set up. I believe our password isn't admin level and we haven't had any AX configuration training yet. I think the workbench balked with no permission when I tried to open it a bit ago. At this point I just wanted to be more confident that mail is generally part of the base system, rather than an extra cost add-on. Thanks

It's a relief to know the email feature is supposed to be there and where it should be. Thanks for your assurance Ninax.

The system is still being set up. I believe our password isn't admin level and we haven't had any AX configuration training yet. I think the workbench balked with no permission when I tried to open it a bit ago. At this point I just wanted to be more confident that mail is generally part of the base system, rather than an extra cost add-on. Thanks
    I don't know what all the different OEM versions contain.

If you have access to the JACE, you can check what the license file contains.
    Expand Config>Expand Services>Expand PlatformServices>double click LicenseService - highlight and VIEW.

--Expand Config>Expand Services>Expand PlatformServices>double click LicenseService - highlight and VIEW. ...

Hmm thanks. it was worth a try, as I found where you mean and got clear to double clicking on LicenseService, and get "cannot display page" and same result double clicking on each of the 4 platform services. I'm guessing lack of admin password is cause, but on the other hand this password will minimize my ability mangle anything.
    It's a fascinating system, much different than R2. I spent some time the other day watching the screen while the programmer flew through the system remotely on Gotomypc. Seems more cleanly laid out than R2.