Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Older Tracker System

I got a call to check out a Tracker system at a bank in which I found by disconnecting the sensors one by one that a couple are labeled incorrectly in the Tracker Panel. It is an older panel in that it is not the touch screen type, but I am thinking it is not all that old because the building can't be but 3 yrs old. I tried getting some info from the web tonight but it is all the current info - touch screen style panel.
    The Part # on one of the 'sub' panels is
    X13650529-01
    VAVT2CCPDSBD

There is one display panel that I've located with 2 sub panels. There are 4 sensors total and 2 Trane RTU's.

TIA.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Well the secondary panel looks like a VariTrac CCP. I would assume CCP2 looking at what you provided. Those are going to control your rooftops and VAV's.

The other panel sounds like an old Tracker Stat 7 or something of that vintage. The new Trackers have a blue touch screen. Some of the older ones had a little grey 1-2 line readout on them with a few buttons. But they definatly were not touchscreen.

This is not the touchscreen model. It is the 2 line display model.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Hey Crab what exactly you looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Anything I can get.

Well I haven't had much experience but I think there was a Tracker Stat 4 / Stat 7 / and a Stat 13. The number was just the amount of units that the panel could handle. I am assuming this is what you have.

But like Joey was saying, you need to let us know exactly what you are looking for. I probably have some manuals and stuff but I would need to know which one you have.

Check your mail, you got something.

crab, you get everything you needed or are you still looking for anything?

I think I've got everything, other than a cable, but I am either going to make one/have one made. The local dealer does not have one and it is way overpriced.

Yeah the one good thing is that cable pretty much works on everything.

Its been awhile since I've plugged into one of the older CCPs but they should have 2 sets of dip switches and I believe you have to change the switch position on 2-7 to direct connect and I believe that is 1200 baud, but its been a few years so I may be wrong but watch for that.

You should just be able to make one yourself. All you need is a straight through CAT-3 with RJ-12's on each end. Just cut two wires out. The only other thing you need is a RJ12 - DB9 connector. Those arent hard to get. Most Trane stuff has a special pinout for the connector though. Let me know if you need it should you decide to go this route.

This should do it?

Quote Originally Posted by cooled View Post
    It's the same cable used for the upcm's. 6 wire rj45 to rs232.

rj45 pin 1 - blue to rs232 #7
    pin 2 - yel to #3
    pin 3 - grn to #5
    pin 4 - red to #5 Red and grn are together
    pin 5 - blk to #2
    pin 6 - wht to #1 and #9
    HVAC-TALK Controls forum search!

Thanks - I plan on going by an electronics store tonight. I am pretty sure I can get the parts for this for less than 10 times what I was quoted for the cable, possibly even 20.

Thanks again to all that have helped - I will update on how this goes.

I got in the system today. Thanks again for the help. A number of things that were set up were confusing so I tracked them down and renamed them so the next guy that goes there will really know what is up and what is where. One zone was actually bypassed, hooked it back up and the whole network went down, well the one half that was part of one rtu. So I disconnected it again. A big part of the problem is the bypass damper dumps right back into the space next to the return grille and of course that is where a number of individuals are at.
    2 - RTU's with one Varitrac panel per RTU.
    3 - Zones with a bypass on one RTU, one zone failed.
    2 - Zones with a bypass on the other RTU, with a non-existent zone.
    1 - Tracker S7S 6.4 Panel M# EMTK00002C KBACT00002C

I am going to try and read up on how to 'delete' a zone, as I think what happened is someone put it on the wrong varitrace system, then just left it. I also need to find out how the Tracker communicates with the rtu as in the voyager status the tracker said none found/offline, but possibly voyager is for higher level communication with an actual voyager unit? Not sure of the units that I have. The other thing is the static pressure control. I noticed the settings were like 140% so I'll have to figure that out as well. If any more input could be provided it would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast