Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another completed Geo

Homeowner building his own home. Did the main electrical and water heaters also. He didn't do too bad however, the electrical could have been a bit nicer. The coffee can is catching the drip from his gauge that was hand tight . Oh well, really nice people and they did a nice job on the home (they still have a ways to go). Stopped in to light off the hot water assist and all is working very well.

No, it's not duct board, just well insulated metal
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

it looks nice.

the only things that i have my guys do different are insulating the desuperheater lines as they can get hot hot. homeowners in shorts like to bump against them as they admire your work.
    also i would have turned the pump pack "upside-down" to keep the hoses from doing a loopty-loop.

tell us a bit about the loops field and the accessories you used,

thanks!

uh...... wow!
    we don't do much geo in south texas. looks cool. good job!
    1coolguy

...Speed kills...Drive a Ford (or Dodge)...Live forever.

FYI : Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronforprez View Post
    it looks nice.

the only things that i have my guys do different are insulating the desuperheater lines as they can get hot hot. homeowners in shorts like to bump against them as they admire your work.
    also i would have turned the pump pack "upside-down" to keep the hoses from doing a loopty-loop.

tell us a bit about the loops field and the accessories you used,

thanks!
    The Desuperheater lines will be insulated, the homeowner wanted to be sure he had no leaks when we fired it off. The only problem I have with flipping the pump pack is that in the event of a leak (heaven forbid) the electrical would be underneath to catch water. I don't like the loop that the hose kit does, I have tried in vain to find 1" brass barbed 90's. The ground loop is 600 feet start to end with 3-3/4 lines totaling 1800 feet of line into an 1-1/4 inch header. We ran the trench 5 feet deep with 1' separation on each line. The unit is a Climate master Tranquility 27 variable speed 2-stage with a Honeywell 2-zone system with vision pro stats.

Quote Originally Posted by 1coolguy View Post
    uh...... wow!
    we don't do much geo in south texas. looks cool. good job!
    same here in our area, anyways it looks great
    learn from yesterday, experience it today, gain knowledge for tomorrow.
    -Amech

Quote Originally Posted by Amechanical View Post
    same here in our area, anyways it looks great
    X2

i could be wrong with this type of pump pack (we use a B&D stand pipe system with integrated grunfus pumps) but you should be able to take the 4 allen screws out of the pump motor and turn the motors 180 degrees to remedy the water in the electrical box situation. we have done this before to get the electrical connections to point in a nicer direction. when you pump water down a grunfus pump will appear upside down - so we turn the motor 180 degrees to keep the lines going up and lines going down looking uniform. call me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronforprez View Post
    i could be wrong with this type of pump pack (we use a B&D stand pipe system with integrated grunfus pumps) but you should be able to take the 4 allen screws out of the pump motor and turn the motors 180 degrees to remedy the water in the electrical box situation. we have done this before to get the electrical connections to point in a nicer direction. when you pump water down a grunfus pump will appear upside down - so we turn the motor 180 degrees to keep the lines going up and lines going down looking uniform. call me crazy.
    Hmmmm. I see where your going. Must investigate. A little late however, we have several in the works and this would be a good time to check that out. Thanks for the tip. If it proves well we'll make the change on this one too.

Good looking job. No pad under unit? Vibration isolaters??

job looks good never messed with geo. around here there are a few. central illinois. i've heard costly to put in woundering if pay back is really worth it. also are you piping water heaters in series cannot tell in picture.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    Good looking job. No pad under unit? Vibration isolaters??
    Kind of hard to tell, we use rubber mats under the whole unit.

I'm very curious to know what the monthly cost is to run those systems during peak times...have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by local553 View Post
    job looks good never messed with geo. around here there are a few. central illinois. i've heard costly to put in woundering if pay back is really worth it. also are you piping water heaters in series cannot tell in picture.
    with the federal government tax credit of 30% of the installed price, payback isn't a concern.

i figure an average changeout to cost 16,000. take 30% as a tax credit and a couple thousand from your utility company - you can't go wrong paying 9,500 for a dollar a day heating and cooling.

just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast