+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Klein exclusivly at Home Depot????

Post Likes

Klein exclusivly at Home Depot????

If you havent noticed at your local HD lately, the electrical tool section has become all Klein. Me and a buddy of mine took the usual tool run to HD, as we went down the aisle, we noticed that all of the greenlee stuff was gone, and in its place was a plethera of new Klein tools, and as you can tell by the name, i was excited. As we started talkin to the manager, he said that as of now, HD will be selling Klein tools only, and that lowes will no longer be allowed to carry Klein tools. Hd bought the rights to exclusivly sell Klein tools, and as stated before, lowes will no longer be allowed to carry this brand of tool. HD must of payed a lot for that. Just a fun fact for all of you other tool, and Klein junkies out there. New to the collection Klein now has a Non-contact voltage tester, personally i think it is better than the fluke, and im sure someone will be along to correct me. Also a bx cutter and spring loaded pvc cutter. That day i walked out wit 70 bucks in new tools . It was a good day.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    Why Would Klein want they merchandise be exclusively sold only at HD not Lowes ???

What kind bussiness logic is that ?
    Klein is not a store brand unlike kobalt or Husky ! and should not acts like one !

Post Likes
    Lowes has all their Klein tools marked down....get them while you can.

Post Likes
    Isnt the klein warranty like craftsman? can you take anly Klein to HD for an exchange?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeiss Nut View Post
    Why Would Klein want they merchandise be exclusively sold only at HD not Lowes ???

What kind bussiness logic is that ?
    Klein is not a store brand unlike kobalt or Husky ! and should not acts like one !

My guess is that lowes was not selling enough of the tools, in all honesty where do most of us go, HD. So i guess lowes didnt meet what the quota, so home depot gave them some extra money to claim it theirs only. Not to mention, they completely dropped greenlee, that had to be hard on them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze126 View Post
    Isnt the klein warranty like craftsman? can you take anly Klein to HD for an exchange?
    Dunno, havent broken a tool yet. But if they are gonna be selling all Klein stuff now, i dont see why they couldnt exchange it there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xgfreon View Post
    Lowes has all their Klein tools marked down....get them while you can.

They really marked em down too, everything has a yellow sticken on it. The funny thing is it has been like that for a while now, i can member about four months ago and everything was marked down.

Post Likes
    Well, that sucks. I hate going to Home Depot. I would much rather shop at Lowe's. They keep their isles clear, shelves stocked, live cashiers, and someone to help you if you need it.
    Zach

Post Likes
    I was looking for a new set of linesman pliers..looking at the Kline ones at lowes when the electrical guy ask if i needed help. I told him i was interested in a tool that the hook was empty on. He took the number and with me in tow went to his computer. Yes lowes has canceled all Kline tools. He was confused because he had not been informed from the warehouse or corporate...just 0's in all the places with kline tools..including the special order and warehouse. That was a few weeks ago...now i see the shelves are full of greenlee tools

Post Likes
    Whats the price break between Klein and Greenlee? is there a big difference or are the tolls comparable
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    IN my humble opinion Greenlee is good however they do dot feel as good as klein. just my two cents

Post Likes
    I got a 32 dollar pair of Klien linesmens from Blowes for 13 dollars.

And a 40 dollar set of nut drivers for 14 bucks.

And a 10 dollar srewdriver for 3 bucks... I think I made out pretty good.

Post Likes

It is the same warranty in principle. I am curious if HD will take returns without proof of purchase from me. I would think it was one of the stipulations by Klein.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Post Likes
    yep ran out to lowes today and grabbed a couple stubbys and a few screwdrivers, paid about half

thanks klineman
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

Post Likes
    Just came back from maui 8 months ago.
    Now the island has Lowes.Is cosco supply still there?

Post Likes

Thumbs down HD Klein Exchanges

I snapped a bit on my 10 in 1 bought at Home Depot and brought it back with the receipt and they sent me pack'n

Guy told me Craftsman has the same 10 in 1 with their name on it and you can do the usual exchange at Sears where I'll be buying them from now on
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I went to Lowes last week.

I got a 3/8 1/2 1/4 7/16 nut drivers and a rapid drive screwdriver. plus a 22 wire stripper, for 23.00 with tax

I also got this http://www.skilshop.com/categories/l..._wrenches.html all for 15.45. on clearance from 79.99

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by atozsvc View Post
    Just came back from maui 8 months ago.
    Now the island has Lowes.Is cosco supply still there?
    ya there's two cosco's one is the supply house and one is the 5 pounds of mayonnaise place, and as for lowes its in the maui market place

Did you used to live here?
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

Post Likes
    klein makes good tools but i never had luck getting them replaced when they break.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4freak View Post
    Well, that sucks. I hate going to Home Depot. I would much rather shop at Lowe's. They keep their isles clear, shelves stocked, live cashiers, and someone to help you if you need it.
    not to mention lowes isn't directly competing with h.v.a.c. contractors like HD is.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in