Thread: Goodman, Dell?

Goodman, Dell?

I called Goodman, and also sent an email to try to learn more about how the 1-12 minute delay works on there dual stage furnace. I could be wrong, but i think both were answered, (somewhat) by off shore employees, possibly from india or thereabouts. Reminded me of trying to get an answer when my Dell computer acted up.

i don't know what number you used but i get them in tennesse

India... tennessee... They both have foreign accents to us northerners!!!

You can't fix stupid

I've had some folks call to renew my subscription to some trade magazines and I can often understand the ones calling from India better than those from the USA.

Keep this in mind. Those working in a call centers in the US are paid a little above minimum wage and are lucky if they have more than a 8th grade education. The person your talking to in India may speak 3 languages, is paid a middle class wage and is probably working on their masters degree at nights. There's 100 million people in India better educated than the top 5 million in the US. Education isn't everything, but jsut somethign to think about. That person your talking to might be poorly trained and hasn't mastered the english language, but they are probably very intellegent.

I'm not defending outsourcing... but there is a good argument that American workers are a little lazy and overpaid when there are better qualified people elsewhere in the world willing to work for 1/4 the pay. Does a person living in India have less of a right to feed their family and live in a nice home than a person in the US? Many think a 1500 sqft hoem in the US is barely adequate. In India they would happily subdivide it and fill it with 2 families of 4, maybe 3 and be content.

On the day of President Obama's inaguration in Washington DC, my internet connection from home wasn't working. I called Mindspring, my internet service provider. I got a guy who sounded foreign. I asked him that maybe the connection wasn't working because of all of the internet traffic from the inauguration since I live in Baltimore which is close to DC.

His response: "What inaguration?"

He was answering my phone call from India.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I'm not defending outsourcing... but there is a good argument that American workers are a little lazy and overpaid when there are better qualified people elsewhere in the world willing to work for 1/4 the pay. Does a person living in India have less of a right to feed their family and live in a nice home than a person in the US? Many think a 1500 sqft hoem in the US is barely adequate. In India they would happily subdivide it and fill it with 2 families of 4, maybe 3 and be content.
    I have many replies to this, but will refrain.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    On the day of President Obama's inaguration in Washington DC, my internet connection from home wasn't working. I called Mindspring, my internet service provider. I got a guy who sounded foreign. I asked him that maybe the connection wasn't working because of all of the internet traffic from the inauguration since I live in Baltimore which is close to DC.

His response: "What inaguration?"

He was answering my phone call from India.
    that same response might come out of an American's mouth. every year someone does a poll asking people of voting age on the street to identify the vp, senate leaders, sc justices, etc... you can guess how well those things always go.