+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freezer alarms ?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

Freezer alarms ?

Anybody have any recommendations?

I'd like to install a few.

The staff is too stupid, or lazy, to notice until ice cream runs out the door.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    How about a close on rise stat an hour time delay and a light or siren?

Simple, cheap and easy.

Post Likes
    Supco makes a cheap and easy one. Just make sure you plug into a seperate 120V circuit than the case if your using it on a self-contain.

http://www.ablekitchen.com/ProductDe...e=fmp-138-1029

Post Likes
    control products also sells one that can even call out up to three phone #'s I use the at a few of our locations

Post Likes
    Check into your alarm company's systems, often they can install one that will be monitored by the alarm, it would be better for the times you are not there.

Post Likes
    Sensaphone makes some nice alarms that can monitor multiple zones and page / call you when temps go out of range. www.supco.com

Post Likes
    local alarm mounted on the freezer is almost always a waste of time.

staff shuts it off while loading and never turns it back on...........

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

Come on now - this is Me

What I did was to install a thermostat under a screwed on cover which powers a big rotating yellow safety light. There is no off switch.

It's a door-wall case and when the safety light is on you can see the flashing in the store from the street. It looks like an alien space craft is landing. <g>
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    local alarm mounted on the freezer is almost always a waste of time.

staff shuts it off while loading and never turns it back on...........
    At the hospital, the light burnt out and the buzzer burnt up. They pay them no attention anymore. I get my coffee from that side of the hospital so I can check them every morning. They always leave the doors propped open on all the boxes. We get a lot of stupid alarms.

Post Likes
    I just did some work at a hospital in Philly. Local alarms were wired to a 24/7 staffed PBX room where I installed alarm monitoring stations. Even if the alarm is silenced immediately, it is enough to trip and latch the relay on the hornstrobe in PBX room. Alarm must be silenced, and logged. These alarms are tested everyday to make sure the operators are calling out with the alarm, logging it, and testing the wiring between the box and the monitoring station.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in