Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    You haven't measured the surface temp of my wife's skin, she's hot!!!
    No, I haven't measured it. And I'm sure my own wife wouldn't be too pleased if I did.

Now you, on the other hand...if you're curious about how "hot" your spouse truly is, I'd keep in mind the timing of when to go for the infrared. Could be a real buzzkill if done at the wrong time.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    A point of interest for you: your skin surface temperature averages around 90F. Get an infrared thermometer sometime and check it out. Your body core temperature, on average, is around 98 degrees F.

More points of interest: moisture is always evaporating from your skin. Place your arm against a cold window pane on a cold morning; the glass will fog adjacent to your arm. Air movement from a heat pump supply air discharge feels "cool", even with supply temps in the low nineties, because this air is also often very dry, and accelerates moisture evaporation from human skin. Additionally, by the time supply air reaches an occupant to where he/she feels the draft, that air is not the same temperature as it was when it emerged from the supply register. It has mixed with room temperature air and has cooled considerably.

The above can be mitigated signficantly by careful supply register selection, placement, and aiming. This is always important regardless of forced air heating system selected, but is most crucial, from a comfort angle, for heat pump systems.
    Nice info, thanks

thank you for your information

The old goodman you had replaced was it a heat pump? Your contractor should have taken the time to explaine the difference between H.P. gas furance, straight electric heat and supply temps for each(they feel somewhat different). Is you new system R22 or R410A??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12