Tempstar/Day & Night PGX4 experiences?

I am looking at replacing a ~25 year old roof-mounted package electric heatpump system in our home with the 3.5 ton PGX4 gas-electric unit which offers 2 stage heating and 2 stage cooling with variable speed. I have it quoted from several places as either the Tempstar brand or the "Carrier" Day & Night brand. The model # is PGX442080K*0A1 , ARI #1207006 for Tempstar or ARI #1403665 for the Day & Night. All contractors told me that several "brands" all share the same model # (and from looking it up in ceedirectory, it appears that several "brands" do share the same exact model # and specs).

I am wondering if anyone has experience with this line of products from any of these companies and what the experiences are.

Thanks guys!

carrier, payne, day night, tempstar,heil, kenmore,bryant are all ICP brands, similar model# made in differnt plants, Try goodman, trane, lennox, they are of other manufactures bhttp://www.ask.com/bar?q=ICP+heating+cooling&page=1&qsrc=2417&ab=0&u= http%3A%2F%2Fwww.icpusa.com%2Fwhocorp.htm

That unit is an ICP product. Seems I read probably from Don that the ICP residential stuff will soon be the Bryant/Carrier product, just like in light commercial.

Nice unit, 2 stage heat & cool, variable speed blower. I like the stainless steel heat exchanger, hopefully that means you won't be having to change it 5-7 years down the road like you may have to with the aluminized most use.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    That unit is an ICP product. Seems I read probably from Don that the ICP residential stuff will soon be the Bryant/Carrier product, just like in light commercial.

Nice unit, 2 stage heat & cool, variable speed blower. I like the stainless steel heat exchanger, hopefully that means you won't be having to change it 5-7 years down the road like you may have to with the aluminized most use.
    Thanks for the info.. Anyone else have any thoughts or experiences with these units?

great unit

I have sold a few with no problems. Go for it!!!

Smile

day and night has been very good to us as a dealer. Bought almost 200000 dollars worth last year and only had ond bad capacitor. generous waranties also............