Heat Pump Replacement

Greetings All,
    I have just purchased a 2400/sq.ft 3 story townhome in Palm Harbor Fl that is an end unit. The inside was a disaster and I am replacing everything in the unit. The unit was built in 1988 and still has the original A/C unit. I am wanting to purchase and have installed, the most energy efficent heat pump unit possible but after 9 hours of searching around the web, my head now hurts and I am more confused then when I started. I work out of my home and am in the computer field so I have 3 to 4 servers running 24/7 as well as one or two other workstations. For the most part, price isn't a concern as I have budgeted $50k for the remodel which I think will be plenty. I know currently the air handler is in the attic above the thrid floor. Any help, advice or direction that any of you may offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Lucky420

a Trane 20i would be a nice selection

coupled with a Honeywell IAQ t-stat, which allows for extra dehumidification when needed

where is Palm Harbor, the company i work for is here in Miami

It is about 20 minutes west of Tampa. The unit is about 8 miles from the Gulf of Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    a Trane 20i would be a nice selection

coupled with a Honeywell IAQ t-stat, which allows for extra dehumidification when needed

where is Palm Harbor, the company i work for is here in Miami

If I'm not mistaken, you need the TCONT900 with the 20i, which does everything or almost everything the IAQ does, including controlling the blower for dehumidification. I do agree the Trane 20i would be a nice pick.

lucky

you need an accurate load calculation for your condo that considers your improvements that hopefully include insulation and window upgrades.

Trane's XL20i has three tax credit qualifying configurations with air handler for three ton systems, none with four ton system.

I certainly would not want to leave the tax credit lying on the table.

IMO

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Three floors,one uit and thermostat,top will be warmer ,the the two floors below.

So I'd look into zoning, if it's in the budget,and can be done without ripping out some drywall.

Had to beat Carrier Rebate and lots of heat pump models that qualify for the tax credi.

As stated above a load calcuation oud be a very good idea,as your contractor before he comes out,some can't, some won't,a few will.Ask first to save your time.

[QUOTE=dash;2855692]So I'd look into zoning, if it's in the budget,and can be done without ripping out some drywall.QUOTE]

X2.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you need the TCONT900 with the 20i, which does everything or almost everything the IAQ does, including controlling the blower for dehumidification. I do agree the Trane 20i would be a nice pick.
    Hi. Can anyone confirm (or deny) that the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the Trane TCONT900 thermostat and that it will not work with the VisionPro IAQ?

If it does not work with the IAQ, does it not work completely or just some functionality is disabled?

Thanks!