Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ray mcbriarty View Post
    looks kind auckward to use, they still make flare nut wrenches

They are not awkward to use. Flare nut wrenches work well if you have the space to use them. If the space is tight these are better. Used them many years ago in the Air Force. It wasn't until recently that I found them on the web.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Used them since 1968 when US Army issued them. Liked so much bought my own. Those days they were chrome.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

I have Flare Wrenches, and have never used them on anything not attached to a car! I use my good ole adjustable wrenches, and if I should screw up a nut, I just replace it. But then you HAD to show me those stinkin Kwick Wrench thingies

Now I guess I will HAVE to go get me some of them fancy wrenches

I need a good set of Imperial swags too. And one of those really cool flaring sets that looks like a big can opener,

And a pony, and a new train set, and a...
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I have Flare Wrenches, and have never used them on anything not attached to a car! I use my good ole adjustable wrenches, and if I should screw up a nut, I just replace it. But then you HAD to show me those stinkin Kwick Wrench thingies

I need a good set of Imperial swags too. And one of those really cool flaring sets that looks like a big can opener,

Gift certificate from "Brinks" armored car.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Though I don't have one believe you are talking about the eccentric cone flaring tool. Heard they make exceptional flares.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Sounds like you were starting a letter to Santa there, we should make up a wish list on this site and then when someone wants to give us a gift, they could choose something from that wish list, or some rich benefactor could just supply everything on that list for us, I know I will wake up soon and realise that I was only dreaming.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

I've been looking for a small set of wrenches to throw in the Veto. These appear to be more versatile than regular combination wrenches. Are they suitable for general wrenching duties or should they only be used on line fittings? How much torque can they handle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12