Moving the location of a gas furnace

Hi All, I've done nothing more than minor duct work so I don't have a clue about moving a furnace. I have a home built in Medina, Ohio in 1968 and furnace is centrally located in the basement. I would like to move it if at all possible to open the basement up for remodelling. It would be a lateral move along the existing duct work (approx 15-20'). I know the gas line would have to be moved along with the electrical and water heater. If anyone can please help advise, my questions are:
    1.) is it possible?
    2.) Is it expensive?
    3.) Is it complicated?
    4.) can the vent to roof stay where it is and have an extension run laterally across rafters?
    5.) I imagine this will effect the heat running to the far end of the house, but how much of an effect and what options do I have for that?
    I hate to ask so many questions, but I just don't know and appreciate any advice and answers.
    Thank you for reading and for your time,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Steve View Post
    Hi All, I've done nothing more than minor duct work so I don't have a clue about moving a furnace. I have a home built in Medina, Ohio in 1968 and furnace is centrally located in the basement. I would like to move it if at all possible to open the basement up for remodelling. It would be a lateral move along the existing duct work (approx 15-20'). I know the gas line would have to be moved along with the electrical and water heater. If anyone can please help advise, my questions are:
    1.) is it possible? Yes.
    2.) Is it expensive? We don't get into pricing her.
    3.) Is it complicated? A fair amount of your duct work has to be sized to handle more air.
    4.) can the vent to roof stay where it is and have an extension run laterally across rafters? Depends on how much room you have for slope.
    5.) I imagine this will effect the heat running to the far end of the house, but how much of an effect and what options do I have for that?
    I hate to ask so many questions, but I just don't know and appreciate any advice and answers.
    Thank you for reading and for your time,
    Steve
    How much effect depends on how good the contractor is at sizing duct.
    And if you have the proper slope/rise per foot for the flue pipe.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?