Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

love my JB Eliminator 6 cfm

I use my 6 Cfm JB all the time for the past 2 years and I think it is great. I only work on 15 ton or less systems though (mostly residential). I know i dont change the oil like i should and it has been great. Also came with a 2 YEAR OVER THE counter warranty. $259 cant beat it. Works as good as my partners platinum 7 cfm I think.

So they finally put it on the market. I had saw it back in 2004 in a Johnstone flyer and ordered it, but was told that they were having issues with the oil cartridge.
    Now after forced retirement (illness) it comes out. Just my luck. I miss being out in the field everyday. Like fcs says "cancer sucks"
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Quote Originally Posted by icehouse View Post
    So they finally put it on the market. I had saw it back in 2004 in a Johnstone flyer and ordered it, but was told that they were having issues with the oil cartridge.
    Now after forced retirement (illness) it comes out. Just my luck. I miss being out in the field everyday. Like fcs says "cancer sucks"

I hear you hear on both accounts

Hang in there we'll both bet it.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I hear you hear on both accounts

Hang in there we'll both bet it.
    I'm a hanging.

The VP of Sales in North America for Appion came by our shop today showing off this machine. The oil cartridges were pretty cool and easily changed with the machine running. He said they were around $9 each, but the distributor rep with him said they were going to offer a deal to buy them in volume. From what I understood, they have a kit that includes the machine with hoses and a special manifold for around $1500. The machine alone runs $999, but they have a plan where you can use it free for 90 days before you decide to purchase. I ordered one to use for 90 days and will report back when I have had a chance to use it some.

That sounds nice, I wish I was around where you live, I might fall for a tryout like that, of course they know that once you try it you will probably buy it, so once you say yes you have been hooked I would love to see the set up that they are offering, so please take some pictures.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBJr View Post
    The VP of Sales in North America for Appion came by our shop today showing off this machine. The oil cartridges were pretty cool and easily changed with the machine running. He said they were around $9 each, but the distributor rep with him said they were going to offer a deal to buy them in volume. From what I understood, they have a kit that includes the machine with hoses and a special manifold for around $1500. The machine alone runs $999, but they have a plan where you can use it free for 90 days before you decide to purchase. I ordered one to use for 90 days and will report back when I have had a chance to use it some.
    Saw a supplier flyer today.....running a spring special on them for $830....

I can get 2 of my pumps for that....think I am gonna stick with what works...

Besides, I need a new micron gauge, recovery machine, and another set of cools....
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    Saw a supplier flyer today.....running a spring special on them for $830....

I can get 2 of my pumps for that....think I am gonna stick with what works...

Besides, I need a new micron gauge, recovery machine, and another set of cools....
    The local rep stopped back by today. The pump is $850 by itself, with the complete kit including hoses and manifolds being $1309. I'll let you all know how it does, but I'm thinking the real advantage to it will be with larger equipment. The information says you can pull a vacuum 16 times faster using the 1/2" manifold, hoses and hookups. We will see.

It is nice,but it is way,way bigger for anything I would use it on.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBJr View Post
    The local rep stopped back by today. The pump is $850 by itself, with the complete kit including hoses and manifolds being $1309. I'll let you all know how it does, but I'm thinking the real advantage to it will be with larger equipment. The information says you can pull a vacuum 16 times faster using the 1/2" manifold, hoses and hookups. We will see.
    Definitely let us know!! Write a quick review when you have put it through its paces! I will be curious to hear what you think!
    I need a new signature.....

our local johnstone supply had a "welcome" seminar last month and all the vendors were there, and they demonstrated the pump. it's really nice, the cartridge system is great, and the screen is cool. it's also nice that it comes with their own gauge set with 1/2" hoses
    $1500.00 for the thing is just a tad unreasonable though...

Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    our local johnstone supply had a "welcome" seminar last month and all the vendors were there, and they demonstrated the pump. it's really nice, the cartridge system is great, and the screen is cool. it's also nice that it comes with their own gauge set with 1/2" hoses
    $1500.00 for the thing is just a tad unreasonable though...
    Remember one thing "Quality does not cost, it Pays".

Did any of you guys check out the Youtube video where a dude put it up against a robinair 7cfm and the robinair beat the appion down to 200 microns by 6 minutes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxGlsgU8zEM
    I am the Stig

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast