Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New Vacuum Pump????

I am thinking that I might upgrade my vacuum pump for next year, but not really sure why, other than this one looks pretty damned cool....LOL

Anyone have one of these yet?? Just wondering if these pump perform as well as their recovery machines do??
    I need a new signature.....

Haven't used one but seen one and really like the oil cartrige looks real easy to change the oil.

Also if u put pressure to it, it won't blow the oil all over the place.

ive seen several movies on the tez8. you can actually change the oil during an evacuation. you have to do it fast though because the returning oil will spit out. im willing to bet the cost is gonna be about the same as the recovery unit ($650ish). my concern would be where to buy new oil cartridges. its not like picking up a gallon at the supply house.
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    ive seen several movies on the tez8. you can actually change the oil during an evacuation. you have to do it fast though because the returning oil will spit out. im willing to bet the cost is gonna be about the same as the recovery unit ($650ish). my concern would be where to buy new oil cartridges. its not like picking up a gallon at the supply house.

You got a link to the videos?
    If you help others then you are a Success

I went on YouTube and did a search for TEZ8, there are 5 videos by the same guy, 3 videos deal with a comparison test between a Robinair and the Appion, very interesting videos. I believe there might also be on other HVAC site.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    Our local supply house manager said that the would have an exchange for the cartridges. Probably be wise to carry an extra cartridge if you had that machine.

Given the results of the appion recovery machine, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Our local supply house manager said that the would have an exchange for the cartridges. Probably be wise to carry an extra cartridge if you had that machine.

Given the results of the appion recovery machine, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.
    Might be wise to carry a few oil cartridges in the event you run into a wet system.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

They had a counter day at the local ACR last week.I did not get in there but the boss did and talked to the Rep.He said that it is the equal to a regular 8 cfm pump,and the design is second to none.It is way overkill for what our company needs,but somebody working on big stuff that would be the one you would want.

How many times, particularly in new construction, have you ever wondered if a vacuum was pulled? With this pump you can require those cartridges be turned in for each job. Or on a change out show the cartridge to the customer. Not that they will know what it is, but another opportunity to educate.

the prepackaged oil makes things easier to be billable
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

http://www.appioninc.com/products/tez8features.html

I gotta stay away from you sickos I'm spending all my cash on tools

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXiC6Q4hvU&NR=1
    Last edited by addamsmasher; 03-24-2009 at 11:14 PM.
    I am the Stig

id like one since ive got the g5 twin but the tez8 is overkill for me. 8cfm is to much for what i do and ive got a brand new yj. if they came out with a 6cfm pump then id have to consider it
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Quote Originally Posted by addamsmasher View Post
    http://www.appioninc.com/products/tez8features.html

I gotta stay away from you sickos I'm spending all my cash on tools

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXiC6Q4hvU&NR=1
    THANKS
    If you help others then you are a Success