Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonairmaster View Post
    But come on guys milleinum compressors have been gone for a while give it up there not even using them anymore.

Hey, I am not complaining at all, see I look at it in a different way, I made a ton of money off the Millennium compressor changes. I guess it's a good things when things break, it keeps the cash coming in.
    I hope I never see the day when a mfg. builds a flawless unit, may as well hang up the old gauges.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jasonairmaster View Post
    Not sayin we have had a couple of carrier txvs go bad.
    A couple? you just get started in the biz.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Hey, I am not complaining at all, see I look at it in a different way, I made a ton of money off the Millennium compressor changes. I guess it's a good things when things break, it keeps the cash coming in.
    I hope I never see the day when a mfg. builds a flawless unit, may as well hang up the old gauges.
    you are right though

I tried to sell a new AccuClean on Ebay, American Standard (lawyer) sent me an email the next day, told me to shut it down now.Some manufacturers aren`t whores
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    I tried to sell a new AccuClean on Ebay, American Standard (lawyer) sent me an email the next day, told me to shut it down now.Some manufacturers aren`t whores
    Probably someone pretending to be a lawyer from A/S.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

One of the contractors that I've been working with was telling me that about 5 years ago he wouldn't even sell a goodman and that they were horribly made and had problems. He said he stopped selling them completely and within the last 2 years he started to put them in houses and has not had a single problem with one that he put in. He was telling me that he's had problems with trane and other units, but so far not a single goodman has given him a problem and he's been installing more goodman lately, because of the economy people seem to want the less expensive unit.
    He said a lot of bad things you hear about the goodman are people who used them years ago, but their systems have been improved and better designed in the last few years. They are not just less expensive to purchase, but less expensive for individual parts.

Quote Originally Posted by boneac View Post
    One of the contractors that I've been working with was telling me that about 5 years ago he wouldn't even sell a goodman and that they were horribly made and had problems. He said he stopped selling them completely and within the last 2 years he started to put them in houses and has not had a single problem with one that he put in. He was telling me that he's had problems with trane and other units, but so far not a single goodman has given him a problem and he's been installing more goodman lately, because of the economy people seem to want the less expensive unit.
    He said a lot of bad things you hear about the goodman are people who used them years ago, but their systems have been improved and better designed in the last few years. They are not just less expensive to purchase, but less expensive for individual parts.
    So why don't you roll the dice and get back to us in 5 then 10 years and give us a report...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

"So why don't you roll the dice and get back to us in 5 then 10 years and give us a report... "

and kill the thread.

Ok, been routing here in the dark for a while. The fascinating thing is Everyone has an opinion. Be it Goodman to Trane, The one thing I look at when selling any equipment is how it is built. From the blower motor to the heat exchanger.
    Let's face facts. Who wants to get a no heat call at 2:00am when it is 20 below zero. I don't like it, I'm getting old. When your dealing with a no heat call at that hour, you hope you have to parts in your service truck to get the heat rolling again. The most failure prone problem is the gas train, ie motors,controls ect. in any furnace.
    There are as many different control systems out there as there furnaces. I look for a proven track record in reliability and performance. I have worked on equipment from window units to Frick screw compressors running anhydrous ammonia( very stinky). 500 tons and above. It still comes down to reliability no matter who makes the equipment. Ok off my soap box so don't hit me to hard.
    Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    Did you tell him to piss off? It's a free market, and they CANNOT forbid you from selling something.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Did you tell him to piss off? It's a free market, and they CANNOT forbid you from selling something.

First off, I don't believe what he said at all, I really think his message was, Trane protects there products unlike Goodman or etc. everyone can buy there stuff online. I can sell any Trane/American Standard products I want on Craigs list or Ebay or where ever I want, I think praha99 is trying to yank some chains, but I am not that dumb, maybe some folks are.

I believe he got an email, just not from a lawyer. Could have been from the competition.

Wasn't there a recall on those air cleaners not long ago? Fire danger? I guess it could have been a lawyer, trying to save him a law suite.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast