goodman problems, what manufacturer should I use? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by udarrell View Post
    If replacing with a Goodman, I'd go with 410A; 14-SEER or higher; Copeland Scroll compressor; TXV metering device;
    I have almost that with my 3 ton Goodman heat pump except in R22: 14 SEER, 12 EER, 9 HSPF. Those are excellent performance numbers. Full cooling btu's and almost full heating btu's at the 47F rating temp.

The 410A Goodmans have a lifetime compressor warranty, part only, to the original homeowner.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    I have almost that with my 3 ton Goodman heat pump except in R22: 14 SEER, 12 EER, 9 HSPF. Those are excellent performance numbers. Full cooling btu's and almost full heating btu's at the 47F rating temp.

The 410A Goodmans have a lifetime compressor warranty, part only, to the original homeowner.
    Can we say, you're a happy camper then?

GREAT POST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    ....and for the defenders of Gooman i wonder why you support a company that would bypass you to sell to anyone?

< no, we don't suggest that here, serious or not >

garbage in garbage out.
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-20-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Removed suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Can we say, you're a happy camper then?
    Yes I am. Hopefully I'll still be one in 12 to 15 years.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    ....and for the defenders of Gooman i wonder why you support a company that would bypass you to sell to anyone?

Do you honestly think they're the only one? News flash, they're not. It's hard to debate with you, when you don't have any facts to work with. You just don't like them. Nothing wrong with that. If you want to debate, fine, if you want to argue, I'm not the one.

boneac did you ever get a second opinion of the issue regarding the condenser?

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    Hummm. I found an internet site that sells Rheem/Ruud as well as Goodman. I found another site that will sell Lennox, Carrier, and York direct to the public. I won't mention the names of the sites.

Goodman's website does state that internet sales are not warranted.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    I don't want to make this a long Goodman bashing thing, but internet sales ship them anywhere. Right to the HO doorstep.

James, its not Goodman that sells via internet. It the dealers. I've seen every brand made on ebay for sale thru various HVAC Contractors country wide. There are some that sell "installed systems" via ebay, and then there is the rest that just look for a profit on each sale. Laws are being broken for sure

If you look at some manufacturers site regarding warranty, they state that "internet sales" not covered under any warranty. That would be only those systems sold and shipped to a non licensed person/homeowner etc
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Quote Originally Posted by fenian View Post
    boneac did you ever get a second opinion of the issue regarding the condenser?
    I've had 3 different contractors at my place looking at my system. I'm actually having a 4th come out probably tomorrow, but they have all come to the same conclusion more or less.

Thanks everybody for the replies.

A quick question about the lines. I was told for a system with 48,000 BTUH that the length of my lines at 3/4 inch are loosing about 14% according to a chart I'm looking at. To have no loose in efficiency that I need to have 1-1/8.
    I guess my builder used the smallest possible to save money ,but looks like I'm having a 14% decrease in efficiency. I'm wondering if it's worth the cost to have these lines replaced?

Goodman/Amana

Quote Originally Posted by boneac View Post
    I moved into a house about 6 months ago that the AC went out and it's been giving me problems. The outside unit is a goodman, which is only about 3 years, but it's not under warranty.

I've been reading a lot of complaints about goodman, but just saw the JDpower ratings that gave goodman a good rating. The problem is that I don't know much about goodman, but from reading a lot of bad posts about goodman and then having my system outside go out that's only 3 years old just doesn't give me much trust.

Is there another brand that gives you the best bang for your buck? One contractor was telling me to go with rheem instead of goodman. Another contractor that was charging so much more recommended american standard and was telling me that it's trane branded.

I prefer to have less of a warranty and more of a reliable system even if it costs me more. So I was just looking for inputs and I couldn't find any other reports except the one from JD power. Consumer reports didn't seem to have any ratings either.
    Gives great bang for the buck

Well to tell you the truth we have more problems with goodman amana than carrier and american standard.
    I just don't like there furnaces and coils to cheaply made.
    But I do like the outdoor unit on the A line for the Amana.
    But carrier and trane are offering ten year warranties now and the carrier's warranty is transferable.

Are there any rebates going on? Another contractor that my wife spoke with said that there are rebates going on that you can get up to 3,000 dollars back on your system. I tried looking online for that info, but couldn't find anything.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast