Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much will JCI get?

Has anyone heard how much of today's 5 billion dollars JCI will end up with?

Makes me wonder how this may affect bid jobs.
    Will they buy them up if they end flush with taxpayer dollars?

JCI will not receive any of money from Uncle Sam....hopefully they will receive all of it through customer contracts.

Truth be told, everyone in our industry will end up with some.

But anyway Ninax...I appreciate your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by mackinaw View Post
    JCI will not receive any of money from Uncle Sam...
    Do you know this as a fact?
    I haven't been able to find a decent list of suppliers that will be getting the money. JCI is a huge auto supplier, I can't image that they aren't on the list somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NINAX View Post
    Do you know this as a fact?
    I haven't been able to find a decent list of suppliers that will be getting the money. JCI is a huge auto supplier, I can't image that they aren't on the list somewhere.
    When I replied I wasn't thinking about the auto bailout....you might be right.

I honestly haven't heard if JCI is getting any money directly. I did ask for a 5 million dollar bonus but nothing has showed up on my check yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mackinaw View Post
    When I replied I wasn't thinking about the auto bailout....you might be right.

I honestly haven't heard if JCI is getting any money directly. I did ask for a 5 million dollar bonus but nothing has showed up on my check yet.

When it does, it will taxed at 90% !!! I would still take it, $500,000 is still a good bonus
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

JCI their controls line is only 10% and auto is about 90% of their work.( computer, battery , headliner , car seats and other thing in the car/trucks.)

So about 95% of all auto has something from JCI in them.

Quote Originally Posted by carrier_jci_tac_tech View Post
    JCI their controls line is only 10% and auto is about 90% of their work.( computer, battery , headliner , car seats and other thing in the car/trucks.)

So about 95% of all auto has something from JCI in them.

Your numbers are off by about 10 years....

JCI started diversifying away from the automotive sector years ago....it's about even last time I looked. It's divided pretty evenly between controls, auto and batteries.

Hmm

I think your wrong here JCI web site Controls is a very small part in JCI world

http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publi...ers_Sales.html

We Do It All for You
    Johnson Controls provides innovative, high-quality interior components and systems for cars, light trucks, sport utility vehicles, vans, and minivans.
    We design, engineer, and manufacture: seating components and systems, instrument panels and cockpit systems, door panels and systems, overhead components and systems, automotive electronics, electronic energy-management systems, engine electronics, and automotive batteries.

Our vision: creating a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world describes the shared dedication of all 75,000 Johnson Control employees.

Our worldwide operations offer us the opportunity to work with the world's leading vehicle manufacturers. They include:

* Acura
    * Alfa Romeo
    * Aston Martin
    * Audi
    * Bentley
    * BMW
    * Buick
    * Cadillac
    * Chevrolet
    * Chrysler
    * Citroen
    * Dacia
    * Fiat
    * Ford
    * GMC
    * Honda

* Hummer
    * Hyundai
    * Infiniti
    * Jaguar
    * Jeep
    * Kia
    * Lancia
    * Land Rover
    * Lexus
    * Maybach
    * Mazda
    * Mercedes-Benz
    * Mini
    * Mitsubishi
    * Nissan
    * Opel

* Peugeot
    * Pontiac
    * Porsche
    * Renault
    * Rolls Royce
    * Saab
    * Saturn
    * Seat
    * Skoda
    * Smart
    * Suzuki
    * Toyota
    * Vauxhall
    * Volvo
    * VW

I appears on the surface..... like the dough is allegedly slated to pay the the GM, and Chrysler suppliers for parts/services that were already on the books and existing default debt owed to them already.

My guess would be...that they will exit the auto field...pack the bags..and use the money to inject somewhere else. Possibly controls/york....But they are not getting enough to turn that around anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by carrier_jci_tac_tech View Post
    We Do It All for You
    Thats classic!!!!!!!

freddy-b

That was on JCI web site

I agree with you

SO if JCI uses 50 % of it workforce for automobile support then were is the other 50%???
    UA Local 141

Yes 75000 is 50% of JCI..
    UA Local 141

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast