Trane unit info?

Im trying to find the eer ratings for some trane units and im having a hard time. it is not on their website and i have heard some people say "look on their commercial website" but i cant seem to find that site. any help would be appreciated. i have a home owner wanting 16 seer equipment for the tax rebate so im trying to make sure that i get 16 seer equipment that has the 13 eer rating.

look on the ARI website you will need the model of units and acoils to compare.
    You can't fix stupid

everytime i put in a condensing uinit model number it says no matches. i have put in the model number for the 15i and 16i 5 ton

Gotta be careful putting in some model numbers. http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahriDir...ultSearch.aspx

Not very many 5 ton units (Trane at least) can make 13 EER/16 SEER.

On the site listed above, put in 4TTX5060 and 4TTX6060 and see what comes up. If you click the top of the column where it says EER and SEER, it will arrange it from highest/lowest or vice versa.

Only two 4TTX6060 matches I can find make the cut. They are downflow systems with Aspen coils.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Gotta be careful putting in some model numbers. http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahriDir...ultSearch.aspx

Not very many 5 ton units (Trane at least) can make 13 EER/16 SEER.

On the site listed above, put in 4TTX5060 and 4TTX6060 and see what comes up. If you click the top of the column where it says EER and SEER, it will arrange it from highest/lowest or vice versa.

Only two 4TTX6060 matches I can find make the cut. They are downflow systems with Aspen coils.
    so your tellin me that trane doesnt make a combination of products that will get the required 16 seer 13 eer as a horizontal setup?

Also, everytime i put either one of those numbers in the OUTDOOR UNIT MODEL NUMBER space, and i click on the dot that says "tax credit available" it always says no matches. im not sure WTF im doin wrong here

Quote Originally Posted by MYLEVL View Post
    so your tellin me that trane doesnt make a combination of products that will get the required 16 seer 13 eer as a horizontal setup?

Also, everytime i put either one of those numbers in the OUTDOOR UNIT MODEL NUMBER space, and i click on the dot that says "tax credit available" it always says no matches. im not sure WTF im doin wrong here
    Not in the 5 ton size. Not even the XL20i. The 13 EER is hard to get for a 5 ton, for any brand.

That's because it's not available. If you put in the 3 ton 4TTX5036, for example, quite a few results will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Not in the 5 ton size. Not even the XL20i. The 13 EER is hard to get for a 5 ton, for any brand.

That's because it's not available. If you put in the 3 ton 4TTX5036, for example, quite a few results will come back.
    so is there a TRANE 4 and a 3 ton that will combine for the tax credit? I have a two story house. 4 down and 3 up

In the 3 and 4 ton sizes, for the XL15i and XL16i, there are some, not many, qualifying combinations using 3rd-party Aspen/ADP coils. The A/C 13 EER/16 SEER isn't as easy to meet as some think, and Trane in particular seems to be having more of a problem. 95% AFUE furnaces qualify for the $1500 tax credit. If you're replacing 2 systems, good time to do a heat loss/heat gain calc to make sure sizing is appropriate. 7 tons is a lot of cooling--may be able to trim it down. You are a professional member, so I know you are aware of this already.

Quote Originally Posted by MYLEVL View Post
    so is there a TRANE 4 and a 3 ton that will combine for the tax credit? I have a two story house. 4 down and 3 up
    3 Ton XL20i ARI numbers,
    Are we talking w/gas furnace or air handler? Those are all gas furnace w/horizontal coils
    Last edited by push; 03-17-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Sorry.....didnt see that your were a pro member, Ryan covered it.

The fact that I only saw matchups on AHRI's database qualifying with 3rd party indoor coils kind of surprised me actually.

I found no all-Trane matchups, including 3 and 4 ton XL15i/XL16i, that gave the required 13 EER/16 SEER.

yes, i am going to work on the load calc tonight. and i am starting to learn how to use the ari search now. thanks for all the help man, it is very appreciated.

we are talking gas furnaces.

Im just having trouble figuring out what is, and isnt available for the tax credits. I am a new pro member so i know i still have a lot to learn, but im glad ifound this place