Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Get the Honeywell IAQ thermostat.

No seasonal wire changes needed.

In the winter, set the fan switch to "on".

In the summer set the fan switch to "circ"

In circ mode, it will bring on the blower automatically, if no cooling calls have been required. The fans runs randomly for 35% of the time.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Under the brilliant Midwestern Moon or Sun (depending on time of day).
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Get the Honeywell IAQ thermostat.
    No seasonal wire changes needed.
    In the winter, set the fan switch to "on".
    In the summer set the fan switch to "circ"
    In circ mode, it will bring on the blower automatically, if no cooling calls have been required. The fans runs randomly for 35% of the time.
    That's an interesting feature as to ... the fan runs randomly for 35% of the time, if no cooling calls have been required.

I'm confused about something.
    Does Comfort-R control anything (ramp etc.) that deals with heat mode?

And if it does ... will using Constant-On Fan mode override/interfere with Comfort-R controls at all for heat?

-------------

And secondly.
    With temps. outside here in mid 50s to upper 60s ... would in be better now for me to wait on having new furnace installed 'til next Fall?

Considering the various heating calculations needed etc., wouldn't this be better to wait for a little colder temps next fall? I want to make sure measurements are solid & proper enough.

Thank You.

Only has effect in heating if you have a heat pump.

A load calc can be done now, just as well as in the fall, makes no difference when the load calc is done.
    Contractor locator map

I have a VISION PRO not the IAQ and I've tried the Circ setting in the winter. It uses this 35% rule and the fan comes on from time to time, but this setting seems to be a completely separate program that is not integrated with the rest of the T stat.

There were times when the fan was circulating and the heating cycle came on in the middle of it. There were times when the heating cycle shut off and the circulation started 5 minutes after the cycle. I also noticed that sometimes the start of the circulation cycle seemed to decrease the room temp causing a heating cycle to have to start(perhaps cool air in the ducts was introduced into the living area?). In the On position perhaps the air in the entire house had stabilized so there was no sudden need to have a heating cycle.

If you try the CIRC setting I would pay attention to how it reacts in your environment. Lowering the temperature and causing a heating cycle to start did not make me happy, of course I guess the air was getting cleaned.

When set to fan “ON”, the thermostat will cycle the heat differently, then when set to “circ” or “auto“.

When the fan runs continuous, the air mix is constant, and you become use to the thermostats heat cycles.

When in cir mode. As you took notice, the thermostat senses the sudden change in air temp caused by the cooler air of the other rooms now being circulated into the room with the thermostat.
    Contractor locator map

When I first had my Trane XV90 put in, I ran the fan in the summer all time, and noticed the humidity was staying in the 50% range, then I set the fan to AUTO it keep it down 42 to 45% range.

I do have my t-stat program to run CIRC mode at night since my cooling load is very low at night and it helps keep the air moving.

In heating mode, the fan is ON all times.

I have the IAQ and been very pleased with it for humidity removeal.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDabAOK View Post
    Greetings.

We plan to get something like Trane XV95 ComfortR, plus upgrade to R410a coolant, & a TXV, & Tstat. ......... Thus our BIG interest in the lower 40% Constant-On Blower Speed.....
    .....I've tried to do an attachment in here of a section on the Comfort R Settings Pocket Guide for reference.
    Attached is the pocket guide you referenced.

I have the XV95 and I run the blower continuously at 40% all the time during the heating season (in NJ)....with great success.

Key1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    In the land of the blind.....the man with one eye is king....

We spend the big bucks for the ideal system. Yet, we can not provide fresh air ventilation, air filtration, or air circulation during a major portion of the year. Anyting wrong with this? Recent indoor air testing shows high volitle organic compounds mainly formaldyde inside many homes during the seasons of the year when natural infiltration is low. Great! Why don't we come up with a system for fresh air when occupied, constant air circulation, air filtering, and comfortable/healthy humidity control for the whole year. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Only has effect in heating if you have a heat pump.

A load calc can be done now, just as well as in the fall, makes no difference when the load calc is done.
    This caught my eye. I thought ComfortR was just for cooling. Meaning, it will only follow that ramp when there is 24v at "O". Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    This caught my eye. I thought ComfortR was just for cooling. Meaning, it will only follow that ramp when there is 24v at "O". Am I wrong?
    Yes, but if the O terminal can be left powered all the time on the furnace or air handler board and the O from the thermostst goes to the outdoor unit only.

On air handlers, it effects both heating and cooling.
    On furnaces, it just effects cooling.
    Contractor locator map

Constant fan in humid areas is no good

About 20 years ago I had a customer who did data gathering for the State of Florida. He ran a chart temperature and humidity graph in his house for a few days. Humidity jumped 10%+ in the off cycle.

I don’t know about newer equipment with good minimal sloped drain pans, but you’re always going to evaporate any moisture on the coil right back into the space. The older, big flat pans could evaporate any water standing in the pan.

On air handlers, it effects both heating and cooling.
    On furnaces, it just effects cooling.
    Why would you want ComfortR in heating?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast