Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Under the brilliant Midwestern Moon or Sun (depending on time of day).

Comfort-R.....Dehumidifying Tstat.....Is Constant-On Fan Mode Incompatible???

Greetings.

We plan to get something like Trane XV95 ComfortR, plus upgrade to R410a coolant, & a TXV, & Tstat. (Everything professionally installed by others.)

If my questions are confusing, it's because I may not understand yet what I'm asking about totally, or how these things interact with each other. Thanks for your forbearance.

Does using Constant-On Blower, in essence, "nullify or rule out" the features of Comfort-R & Dehumidifying Tstat settings?
    Sounds like this is a wiring decision that must be made at setup, versus setting things up for Comfort-R control, but then simply turning constant fan on at Tstat if we wanted, on top of that.

Instead, am I right that it must be an either/or proposition in order to work "properly", & not both functioning at the same time?

Apparently, using both modes ... Constant-On Blower & Comfort-R ... are incompatible processes from postings I've read.

I do understand that Comfort-R calls for varying blower speeds during parts of the heating/cooling processes, as well as does Tstat-calls for additional dehumidifying, if set up for that.

I'm also VERY much needing to know if the alternate hookup for 40% Constant-On Blower Speed is still an option, to safely use today, as diagramed in the 2004 TRANE Comfort-R Enhanced Mode Variable Speed Pocket Guide???

Although we're desiring to use Constant-On Blower, including for air cleaner reasons, our family is quite sensitive to an airy house per se. Thus our BIG interest in the lower 40% Constant-On Blower Speed.
    But indeed, if we still can't handle the airiness even after that, then we'll have to forget about the Constant-On Fan anyway.

I've tried to do an attachment in here of a section on the Comfort R Settings Pocket Guide for reference. I don't know if after the upload of it, it's readable.
    I wasn't able to put an "image" directly in this post here, due to it asking for a URL Image.
    There is a direct web link to this guide somewhere, but I don't remember the location.

But there are tiny encircled numbers next to each alternate "constant-on fan speed" hookup diagram (shown in the guide). And I cannot read most of those encircled numbers, which refer to various explanations also listed there on the guide.

For the 40% fan speed option on the guide, can anyone else recognize those little encircled numbers?

I just need to figure out what my preferences will be, after learning the ramifications of competing options, before we have anything installed & set up. Preparation makes for a satisfied client.

Wow.......this was lengthy wasn't it.

Anyone very knowledgeable on this stuff want to take a stab at helping me out on this.
    The more the merrier!!!

Thanks Much!

---------------------
    We plan to get something like Trane XV95 ComfortR, R410a refrig., & TXV installed.
    -----------------------------
    Evap Coil 2004 AmStd ... TXA-030C4HPCO ... 4103TBT50(or G) .... distance from A/C to Coil for lineset is around or under 24'.
    ----------
    A/C AmStd Allegiance 11 … Single Stage 2.5 ton ... Model # 2A7A1030A 1000AA (per sticker) … Mfg. date July 2004 presently R-22 coolant ... Split System ... 1440 Sq. ft. Home

Fan "on" will always re-evaporate some moisture back into the air.

If a thermostat such as the Honeywell IAQ is used with a VS blower.

Then Comfort r doesn't need to be enable to control humidity(excluding Tranes 16i 2 stage A/Cs and HPs).
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

constant fan will elevate your RH 5 to 10 points-- even worse under other circumstances
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Interesting,

Is it feasible to to use constant fan only in heating months?

And would this require reconfiguring wires each season in order for these functions to not interfere with effectiveness?

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Carnak View Post
    constant fan will elevate your RH 5 to 10 points-- even worse under other circumstances

The only time I ever use the on fan mode, is when the weather outside is ideal with low humidity. I raise the windows to pull in and circulate the outdoor air, that's about it for the fan on mode for me personally, others might benefit from it in different climates that I cannot relate to.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Air cleaner is only interest we have for constant fan on really. Otherwise, wouldn't matter to me. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDabAOK View Post
    Air cleaner is only interest we have for constant fan on really. Otherwise, wouldn't matter to me. Ha!

Do you feel that normal operation is not sufficient?
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Do you feel that normal operation is not sufficient?

For air cleaner, constant on fan is the main way to keep air cleanest, if that's what you'r refering to.

So for cleaner air, I don't think normal operation is sufficient for that.

For air cleaner, constant on fan is the main way to keep air cleanest, if that's what you'r refering to.

So for cleaner air, I don't think normal operation is sufficient for that.
    Fair enough, but that's basically a given, but the cost of the rise in latent levels will be a serious trade off, depending were you are, in South Texas, you don't want to run your fan in the on position, you would just have to settle for the normal operation for the air cleaner.

I am seriously weighing all these factors, trying to decide how & what I wiil go with setup wise.

But it does sound like it is either/or for Comfort-R & constant on fan, to be effective.

I should say ... to use comfort r effectively.

Greetings.

We plan to get something like Trane XV95 ComfortR, plus upgrade to R410a coolant, & a TXV, & Tstat. (Everything professionally installed by others.)

If my questions are confusing, it's because I may not understand yet what I'm asking about totally, or how these things interact with each other. Thanks for your forbearance.

Does using Constant-On Blower, in essence, "nullify or rule out" the features of Comfort-R & Dehumidifying Tstat settings?
    Sounds like this is a wiring decision that must be made at setup, versus setting things up for Comfort-R control, but then simply turning constant fan on at Tstat if we wanted, on top of that.

Instead, am I right that it must be an either/or proposition in order to work "properly", & not both functioning at the same time?

Apparently, using both modes ... Constant-On Blower & Comfort-R ... are incompatible processes from postings I've read.

I do understand that Comfort-R calls for varying blower speeds during parts of the heating/cooling processes, as well as does Tstat-calls for additional dehumidifying, if set up for that.

I'm also VERY much needing to know if the alternate hookup for 40% Constant-On Blower Speed is still an option, to safely use today, as diagramed in the 2004 TRANE Comfort-R Enhanced Mode Variable Speed Pocket Guide???

Although we're desiring to use Constant-On Blower, including for air cleaner reasons, our family is quite sensitive to an airy house per se. Thus our BIG interest in the lower 40% Constant-On Blower Speed.
    But indeed, if we still can't handle the airiness even after that, then we'll have to forget about the Constant-On Fan anyway.

I've tried to do an attachment in here of a section on the Comfort R Settings Pocket Guide for reference. I don't know if after the upload of it, it's readable.
    I wasn't able to put an "image" directly in this post here, due to it asking for a URL Image.
    There is a direct web link to this guide somewhere, but I don't remember the location.

But there are tiny encircled numbers next to each alternate "constant-on fan speed" hookup diagram (shown in the guide). And I cannot read most of those encircled numbers, which refer to various explanations also listed there on the guide.

For the 40% fan speed option on the guide, can anyone else recognize those little encircled numbers?

I just need to figure out what my preferences will be, after learning the ramifications of competing options, before we have anything installed & set up. Preparation makes for a satisfied client.

Wow.......this was lengthy wasn't it.

Anyone very knowledgeable on this stuff want to take a stab at helping me out on this.
    The more the merrier!!!

Thanks Much!

---------------------
    We plan to get something like Trane XV95 ComfortR, R410a refrig., & TXV installed.
    -----------------------------
    Evap Coil 2004 AmStd ... TXA-030C4HPCO ... 4103TBT50(or G) .... distance from A/C to Coil for lineset is around or under 24'.
    ----------
    A/C AmStd Allegiance 11 … Single Stage 2.5 ton ... Model # 2A7A1030A 1000AA (per sticker) … Mfg. date July 2004 presently R-22 coolant ... Split System ... 1440 Sq. ft. Home

I have Comfort-R configured and use it for air cleaning with the fan set to "ON". In the summer the fan will perform the Comfort-R ramp up and then return to the low speed after the cooling cycle, and the condenser off time seems to increase when using the fan on setting, but any mositure removed by Comfort-R gets put back into the house during this condenser off/fan on time--you can feel it. For this reason I only use the fan on mode during the heating season.

For this past heating month I've had the fan set to auto and I don't see any difference in the air quality or temperatures in the house.

I so appreciate this forum.

And it's so nice when multiple persons bring varied angles to the answers. It really is.

I've suddenly been convinced for sure not to use constant on fan, "during the humid season" at least.
    Good help indeed on that end of the questions.

Not sure what I want to do during heat mode though.

SORRY to those of you who looked for the attachment on my first post that was the Comfort R Settings Pocket Guide .... this was unsuccessful & I can't get it on here. Oh well.

Any more answers to my questions out there ... please feel free to add your thoughts.

Than You.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast