View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #11701
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    COLTS
    LOL
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  2. #11702
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    so, how long have you been on that bandwagon?
    I remember watching the 70 superbowl... number 6? We beat Dallas! Beat em with a field goal. I do remember watching them play before that.... but not sure how far back. Johnny U was Da MAn! I turned 8 in Feb of 70.
    How long you been on the Bronco Wagon? I am 47 now..... so for 39+ yrs I have been a colts fan.....
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  3. #11703
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    I remember watching the 70 superbowl... number 6? We beat Dallas! Beat em with a field goal. I do remember watching them play before that.... but not sure how far back. Johnny U was Da MAn! I turned 8 in Feb of 70.
    How long you been on the Bronco Wagon? I am 47 now..... so for 39+ yrs I have been a colts fan.....
    well, I was born in Denver and as anyone here can tell you, you are born a Broncos fan, so 35 years.

  4. #11704
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    i would say to go 16-0
    and lose the big one is worse than not winning any!!!!!!!!!!

    2008 patriots worse team ever!!!!!!!!!!
    they made Patriots Jerseys that say 18-1

    LOL.

  5. #11705
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    I remember watching the 70 superbowl... number 6? We beat Dallas! Beat em with a field goal. I do remember watching them play before that.... but not sure how far back. Johnny U was Da MAn! I turned 8 in Feb of 70.
    How long you been on the Bronco Wagon? I am 47 now..... so for 39+ yrs I have been a colts fan.....
    Holy cow. A young guy that remembers Johnny Unitas!!!!

    I was 17 then......
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  6. #11706
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    they made Patriots Jerseys that say 18-1

    LOL.

  7. #11707
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    bubbbbbz

    i was born in maryland, we are from fredrick, i was born in hyattsville. we were colts fans!!!!! then moved to sfo and always will be a niner fan and we lived in denver for a few years now in kc.
    marchetti has similar ties, my high school football team played his as did tom brady's hs and lynn swanns hs

    Gino John Marchetti (born January 2, 1927, Smithers, West Virginia) is a former professional American football player in the National Football League. A defensive end, he played in 1952 for the Dallas Texans and from 1953 to 1966 for the Baltimore Colts.

    Contents [hide]
    1 Early years
    2 Pro football career
    3 Restaurant
    4 Awards and honors
    5 References
    6 External links

    [edit] Early years
    Marchetti enlisted in the U.S. Army after graduating high school in Antioch, California and fought in the Battle of the Bulge as a machine gunner during World War II. Upon returning home after the war, he attended Modesto Junior College (Calif.) for a year before joining the football program at the University of San Francisco, where his team enjoyed an undefeated season in 1951. He was drafted in the second round with the 14th overall pick by the New York Yanks in 1952. In 2004, Marchetti was voted to the East-West Shrine Game Hall of Fame.[1]

    [edit] Pro football career
    During his rookie season, the Yanks became the Dallas Texans, which became the Baltimore Colts in 1953. and of course was owned by lamar hunt who then changed them to the kansas city chiefs!!!!!!Marchetti played 13 seasons with the Colts and helped them win NFL Championships in 1958 and 1959. During his career, he was noted for being effective against the run and a relentless pass-rusher. Voted "the greatest defensive end in pro football history," as selected by the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1969.[2]

    Moved to left offensive tackle in 1954, a position Marchetti hated, but admitted that it taught him how to beat a blocker. Returned to defensive end in 1955 and made his first Pro Bowl.

    He made a big play in the 1958 NFL Championship Game when he prevented the New York Giants from gaining a first down. Unfortunately for him, he fractured his ankle on that same play but, as a team captain, insisted on watching the rest of the historic overtime contest from the sideline with his teammates rather than seeking immediate medical attention in the locker room. The injury forced him to miss the Pro Bowl that year and ended his string of nine consecutive Pro Bowl appearances. Gino was First-team All-Pro nine times and a Second-team selection once. Called by Sid Gillman, the Los Angeles Rams head coach, "(T)he greatest player in football. It's a waste of time to run around this guy's end. It's a lost play. You don't bother to try it."[3]

    Enshrined in the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame in 1985.[4] Also a member of the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame.

    [edit] Restaurant
    In 1959, Marchetti joined with several of his teammates, including Alan Ameche, and opened a fast food restaurant. The business grew, began to franchise, and would eventually become known as Gino's Hamburgers. It was a successful East Coast regional fast food chain and had 313 company-owned locations when they were sold to Marriott International in 1982 who abandoned the name in favor of their Roy Rogers restaurants.

    [edit] Awards and honors
    Pro Bowl Selection (1955-1965)
    All-NFL Selection (1956-1964)
    NFL 50th Anniversary Team ([1969)
    Pro Football Hall of Fame (1972)
    Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame (1985)
    NFL 75th Anniversary Team (1994)
    All-Madden All-Millennium Team (2000)
    NFL All-Time Team (2000)
    In 1999, he was ranked number 15 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, the second-highest-ranking defensive end behind Deacon Jones.
    National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame
    [edit] References
    1.^ Gino Marchetti (Class of 2004) East-West Shrine Game Hall of Fame.
    2.^ Gino Marchetti Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    3.^ Gino Marchetti (Football's 100 Greatest Players) The Sporting News.
    4.^ Gino Marchetti (Class of 1985) Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame.
    [edit] External links
    Smith, Don. "Gino Marchetti," The Coffin Corner, Vol. 18, No. 5, 1996.
    Ravens Nest Baltimore Colts Page
    Sundays at 2:00 With the Baltimore Colts. (ISBN 0-87033-476-X)
    Gallery of Gino Marchetti's football cards
    Klingaman, Mike. "Catching Up With...former Colt Gino Marchetti," The Toy Department (The Baltimore Sun sports blog), Wednesday, October 14, 2009.



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    I remember watching the 70 superbowl... number 6? We beat Dallas! Beat em with a field goal. I do remember watching them play before that.... but not sure how far back. Johnny U was Da MAn! I turned 8 in Feb of 70.
    How long you been on the Bronco Wagon? I am 47 now..... so for 39+ yrs I have been a colts fan.....
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  8. #11708
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    well, I was born in Denver and as anyone here can tell you, you are born a Broncos fan, so 35 years.
    Ah.... well was at sea plugging holes in the ocean when we copied the news weather and sports during message downloads. When the Radiomen showed me the news stating Baltimore colts had moved to Indy.... I accused them of rigging the news like they did when they said Jimmy Hoffa's body was found under the runway at chicago's Ohare airport. They assured me they didnt touch the download because they had gotten into trouble with the XO for doing the Hoffa thing. (the XO believed that news!!!)
    My dad who was from Baltimore got mad at me because I didnt shift teams when they moved..... Told him I didnt care.. I was a colts fan! (even when Bert Jones didnt produce!)
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  9. #11709
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    omg!

    lol!!

    Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  10. #11710
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Holy cow. A young guy that remembers Johnny Unitas!!!!

    I was 17 then......
    so you probably remember him and Joe Namath in super bowl 3 or 4. How did that one end Warren? just kidding buddy.

  11. #11711
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Holy cow. A young guy that remembers Johnny Unitas!!!!

    I was 17 then......
    LOL.... I like it whan I surprise even YOU Goosie!
    Johnny U wore a Viet Nam style flak jacket and played with broken ribs... He use to take a pounding. But damn was he good!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  12. #11712
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    bubbbbbz

    i was born in maryland, we are from fredrick, i was born in hyattsville. we were colts fans!!!!! then moved to sfo and always will be a niner fan and we lived in denver for a few years now in kc.
    marchetti has similar ties, my high school football team played his as did tom brady's hs and lynn swanns hs

    Gino John Marchetti (born January 2, 1927, Smithers, West Virginia) is a former professional American football player in the National Football League. A defensive end, he played in 1952 for the Dallas Texans and from 1953 to 1966 for the Baltimore Colts.

    Contents [hide]
    1 Early years
    2 Pro football career
    3 Restaurant
    4 Awards and honors
    5 References
    6 External links

    [edit] Early years
    Marchetti enlisted in the U.S. Army after graduating high school in Antioch, California and fought in the Battle of the Bulge as a machine gunner during World War II. Upon returning home after the war, he attended Modesto Junior College (Calif.) for a year before joining the football program at the University of San Francisco, where his team enjoyed an undefeated season in 1951. He was drafted in the second round with the 14th overall pick by the New York Yanks in 1952. In 2004, Marchetti was voted to the East-West Shrine Game Hall of Fame.[1]

    [edit] Pro football career
    During his rookie season, the Yanks became the Dallas Texans, which became the Baltimore Colts in 1953. and of course was owned by lamar hunt who then changed them to the kansas city chiefs!!!!!!Marchetti played 13 seasons with the Colts and helped them win NFL Championships in 1958 and 1959. During his career, he was noted for being effective against the run and a relentless pass-rusher. Voted "the greatest defensive end in pro football history," as selected by the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1969.[2]

    Moved to left offensive tackle in 1954, a position Marchetti hated, but admitted that it taught him how to beat a blocker. Returned to defensive end in 1955 and made his first Pro Bowl.

    He made a big play in the 1958 NFL Championship Game when he prevented the New York Giants from gaining a first down. Unfortunately for him, he fractured his ankle on that same play but, as a team captain, insisted on watching the rest of the historic overtime contest from the sideline with his teammates rather than seeking immediate medical attention in the locker room. The injury forced him to miss the Pro Bowl that year and ended his string of nine consecutive Pro Bowl appearances. Gino was First-team All-Pro nine times and a Second-team selection once. Called by Sid Gillman, the Los Angeles Rams head coach, "(T)he greatest player in football. It's a waste of time to run around this guy's end. It's a lost play. You don't bother to try it."[3]

    Enshrined in the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame in 1985.[4] Also a member of the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame.

    [edit] Restaurant
    In 1959, Marchetti joined with several of his teammates, including Alan Ameche, and opened a fast food restaurant. The business grew, began to franchise, and would eventually become known as Gino's Hamburgers. It was a successful East Coast regional fast food chain and had 313 company-owned locations when they were sold to Marriott International in 1982 who abandoned the name in favor of their Roy Rogers restaurants.

    [edit] Awards and honors
    Pro Bowl Selection (1955-1965)
    All-NFL Selection (1956-1964)
    NFL 50th Anniversary Team ([1969)
    Pro Football Hall of Fame (1972)
    Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame (1985)
    NFL 75th Anniversary Team (1994)
    All-Madden All-Millennium Team (2000)
    NFL All-Time Team (2000)
    In 1999, he was ranked number 15 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, the second-highest-ranking defensive end behind Deacon Jones.
    National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame
    [edit] References
    1.^ Gino Marchetti (Class of 2004) East-West Shrine Game Hall of Fame.
    2.^ Gino Marchetti Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    3.^ Gino Marchetti (Football's 100 Greatest Players) The Sporting News.
    4.^ Gino Marchetti (Class of 1985) Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame.
    [edit] External links
    Smith, Don. "Gino Marchetti," The Coffin Corner, Vol. 18, No. 5, 1996.
    Ravens Nest Baltimore Colts Page
    Sundays at 2:00 With the Baltimore Colts. (ISBN 0-87033-476-X)
    Gallery of Gino Marchetti's football cards
    Klingaman, Mike. "Catching Up With...former Colt Gino Marchetti," The Toy Department (The Baltimore Sun sports blog), Wednesday, October 14, 2009.



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    WOW
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  13. #11713
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    so you probably remember him and Joe Namath in super bowl 3 or 4. How did that one end Warren? just kidding buddy.
    I didnt watch it... if I did I dont remember.... but I know we lost. Broadway Joe wasted us!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Page 901 of 2279 FirstFirst ... 401801851891894895896897898899900901902903904905906907908911951100114011901 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event