View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

33 24.63%
  • june 20

31 23.13%
  • july 1

26 19.40%
  • july 12

44 32.84%
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Here it is........... touching!

http://www.vfw112.org/images/vietnamwall.jpg

I bought this print and had it framed for a dear friend of mine. He looked at it kinda funny and thanked me. He was a khe sanh siege vietnam Vet. and he said that was the best part of his tour it got worse from there.
    Even though he was starving and they didnt have much water.
    He put it behind his couch and i dont know if it ever came out again.
    I didnt hurt my feelings, i knew exactly how he felt.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    I bought this print and had it framed for a dear friend of mine. He looked at it kinda funny and thanked me. He was a khe sanh siege vietnam Vet. and he said that was the best part of his tour it got worse from there.
    Even though he was starving and they didnt have much water.
    He put it behind his couch and i dont know if it ever came out again.
    I didnt hurt my feelings, i knew exactly how he felt.

Wow what a nice picture to present to him. My hubby is a Vietnam Vet. He mostly flew overhead but did lose some good friends over there. He does talk about it but I see in his eyes that he will go to his grave with a few secrets that does hurt
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

I don't know if our generation will ever grasp the depth of pain and sacrifice that was made for us.....but the sheer magnitude of the indifference impressed upon them not to mention the outright abuse of unfathomable ignorance by them such the like of Jane Fonda is unbearable.....Again, I am humbled and grateful for all of those who served living and dead......LEST WE FORGET...

Just now watching them bring home 2 fallen Cdns in Trenton for their repatriation to the country.....I hope the Afghanistan people appreciate their sacrifice of these terribly young men.....Hopefully the young females that can now go to school will educate those new Afghanis that will then take the lead....I do hope....

:-(
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

My 2000 post for you baby, enjoy it and go fishing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    Wow what a nice picture to present to him. My hubby is a Vietnam Vet. He mostly flew overhead but did lose some good friends over there. He does talk about it but I see in his eyes that he will go to his grave with a few secrets that does hurt
    Years after Vietnam some dip was following my friend in his car and blowing his horn etc. My buddy got out at a stop light and kicked his door in, tried to get him out of the car etc. Anyway they went to court and the judge not only threw it out but he told the idiot that he was messing with an American Hero.
    I read his jacket and file, he was given 100% ptsd from the Marines who normally do not give much of anything.
    He told me once, that no one did anything because they were brave, or heroic. They did it because their friends were dying and they loved them.
    What can anyone say to that.
    Last edited by Some Dude; 08-04-2009 at 09:47 PM.

i have read through the last few posts!
    for once
    i am speechless!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

I wish I was young enough to go fight for those young girls!
    I would fight proudly!

dug
    please never use the J word in my presence?
    I might go off on an irreversible tangent!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    I don't know if our generation will ever grasp the depth of pain and sacrifice that was made for us.....but the sheer magnitude of the indifference impressed upon them not to mention the outright abuse of unfathomable ignorance by them such the like of Jane Fonda is unbearable.....Again, I am humbled and grateful for all of those who served living and dead......LEST WE FORGET...

Just now watching them bring home 2 fallen Cdns in Trenton for their repatriation to the country.....I hope the Afghanistan people appreciate their sacrifice of these terribly young men.....Hopefully the young females that can now go to school will educate those new Afghanis that will then take the lead....I do hope....

God bless those young Hosers!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes Americans forget that they are not the only ones fighting!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I would fight proudly!

dug
    I was at a Cub Scout function recently. There were a couple of Big biker dudes there. You know the types, long beards, leather vests covered with patches. General hard-asses.

I just saw the word b***h (female dog) on one of the patches and was going to say something to the guy about that being inappropriate for a Cub Scout function. Then I saw the rest of the patch.

"Jane Fonda is a B***h"

I let it slide. If the shoe fits....

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I would fight proudly!

dug
    Hey Fronk.... my wife didnt know that about "J" and when I told her... she went off! She hates her guts now! I had already gone off years ago.... cant believe ol Teddie boy married that Biatch! Doesnt say much for him does it?
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Many of us cannot comprehend tha pain and agony of such things as our military men have witnessed. None can imagine what we submariners do on a daily basis...... but thats because they werent there...... living the life. Just like I cannot imagine what my fellow ground pounders went through. Or the fighter jocks. I just wasnt there. We just arent there.
    While I can comprehend issues of things we have all done... I will never bear truth to the horrors or pains of war and what military men and women endure. But i can be there for them and try my best to comfort them and let them know that there are people in the country (and others) that do care and appreciate what has gone on before.
    Just like I can try and be there for Bret and Bob and Greg. And any of you who let me know you need an ear or a shoulder....... (and yes that means Canknuckle head doug too!)

God bless all soldiers who fight for undoing the wrongs of the world and who try to make it a better place for people of all nations to live in!
    As Tiny Tim said in scrooge...... God Bless Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I was at a Cub Scout function recently. There were a couple of Big biker dudes there. You know the types, long beards, leather vests covered with patches. General hard-asses.

I just saw the word b***h (female dog) on one of the patches and was going to say something to the guy about that being inappropriate for a Cub Scout function. Then I saw the rest of the patch.

"Jane Fonda is a B***h"

I let it slide. If the shoe fits....
    Good Call!

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Years after Vietnam some dip was following my friend in his car and blowing his horn etc. My buddy got out at a stop light and kicked his door in, tried to get him out of the car etc. Anyway they went to court and the judge not only threw it out but he told the idiot that he was messing with an American Hero.
    I read his jacket and file, he was given 100% ptsd from the Marines who normally do not give much of anything.
    He told me once, that no one did anything because they were brave, or heroic. They did it because their friends were dying and they loved them.
    What can anyone say to that.
    Exactky.... there is nothing we can say! except.... Thank you!

Page 585 of 2282 FirstFirst ... 8548553557557857958058158258358458558658758858959059159259563568510851585 ... LastLast