View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    34 25.19%
  • june 20

    31 22.96%
  • july 1

    26 19.26%
  • july 12

    44 32.59%
  1. #27795
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    GTA, ON
    Posts
    1,289
    'Evening Bret and everyone.. Sorry I haven't been around the last couple of days but it's been pretty eventful here.. First buckets, now insurance company... We still can't move back to the old apt, but hoping to in under a week if everything goes well and we see the adjuster tomorrow.

  2. #27796
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Can Anyone tell me What"s important about This July 16
    Would that be when you were declared in remission?
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #27797
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    'Evening Bret and everyone.. Sorry I haven't been around the last couple of days but it's been pretty eventful here.. First buckets, now insurance company... We still can't move back to the old apt, but hoping to in under a week if everything goes well and we see the adjuster tomorrow.

    Buckets? Insurance?

    What happened?
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  4. #27798
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,554
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  5. #27799
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    GTA, ON
    Posts
    1,289
    'Morning Bret and everyone. As for what happened.. 5.5" of rain in under 2 hours while living in a basement apartment in a low spot. Add to that the fact that we had no electricity,so the sump pump wasn't working, couldn't get the aux pump going, people were fistfighting over generators at Lowe's... Fun times for all. Could have been worse.

    At least we were home and were able to salvage most of our stuff. Initial cleanup was a drag... We basically cleared as much standing water as we could and cleaned the floors with bleach (one blessing is that most of the unit is tiled), running 2 exhaust fans and 2 dehumidifiers around the clock. If we're lucky, we'll be able to move back in a week from now.

  6. #27800
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    'Morning Bret and everyone. As for what happened.. 5.5" of rain in under 2 hours while living in a basement apartment in a low spot. Add to that the fact that we had no electricity,so the sump pump wasn't working, couldn't get the aux pump going, people were fistfighting over generators at Lowe's... Fun times for all. Could have been worse.

    At least we were home and were able to salvage most of our stuff. Initial cleanup was a drag... We basically cleared as much standing water as we could and cleaned the floors with bleach (one blessing is that most of the unit is tiled), running 2 exhaust fans and 2 dehumidifiers around the clock. If we're lucky, we'll be able to move back in a week from now.
    Wow How much of your stuff is trashed?
    If you help others then you are a Success

  7. #27801
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Would that be when you were declared in remission?
    Close Date of Diagnosis. Big Day 5 then 10
    But 5 is Big
    If you help others then you are a Success

  8. #27802
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    960
    afternoon Bret & all ! Yes Bret it's a Great Day to Be Alive !! Hubby thanks the good lord every day for his remission of the big C ! Dand Moon y'all got hit hard with that rain storm. Hope all goes well with the insurance and you can get on with y'all's life. i sure would love some of that rain here...we're down almost 4 feet now
    You don't have to ASK

    What I'm Against...

    If you know what

    I'm For...

  9. #27803
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    GTA, ON
    Posts
    1,289
    Congrats Bret! Well, quite a bit but could have been a lot worse. As long as the stuff is covered by insurance it should be non issue. Mostly furniture, rugs and some clothing. No sentimental items, no expensive tools, even most of the electronics survived. My car was in the garage so no issues there but a couple in the driveway got wrecked. Just waiting to have the adjuster come over so we can clear the junk, get the place fixed up and move back in.

  10. #27804
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    afternoon Bret & all ! Yes Bret it's a Great Day to Be Alive !! Hubby thanks the good lord every day for his remission of the big C ! Dand Moon y'all got hit hard with that rain storm. Hope all goes well with the insurance and you can get on with y'all's life. i sure would love some of that rain here...we're down almost 4 feet now
    I think you said before But how far out is he?

    We've had rain most every day for the several week here.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  11. #27805
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    Congrats Bret! Well, quite a bit but could have been a lot worse. As long as the stuff is covered by insurance it should be non issue. Mostly furniture, rugs and some clothing. No sentimental items, no expensive tools, even most of the electronics survived. My car was in the garage so no issues there but a couple in the driveway got wrecked. Just waiting to have the adjuster come over so we can clear the junk, get the place fixed up and move back in.
    here you been staying ?
    If you help others then you are a Success

  12. #27806
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    GTA, ON
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    here you been staying ?
    Another unit, above ours, of course. 3 square, decent mattress, even got access to our bathroom (took a bit of doing with a shopvac, mop, bucket and 3 gals of bleach), can't complain. We can't sleep or spend too much time in our unit until the mold gets dealt with. All in all, I've had to deal with a lot worse.. Should have seen some of the bush camps we worked out of in the past lol

  13. #27807
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,554
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







Page 2139 of 2295 FirstFirst ... 11391639203920892129213221332134213521362137213821392140214121422143214421452146214921892239 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event