View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #27145
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,512
    Howdy all.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  2. #27146
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,591
    Good afternoon, Bret and everyone!

    Y'all change your clocks? It's 1:21 EDT!!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #27147
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    960
    Good news Bret !! hope all goes well in April..cold front came thru last night, little rain but the hot boxes are full of veggies plus I planted some tobacco just for grins & giggles. I don't smoke but some of our friends do. Maybe I can sell them a leaf or two for a buck ..hope y'all have a good week ahead. I'll be finishing up corp taxes ..
    You don't have to ASK

    What I'm Against...

    If you know what

    I'm For...

  4. #27148
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,687
    Broke the bike out for the first time this year.

    My fat old keister made 2 WHOLE miles of mostly up-grade riding.

    Maybe I'll keep doing it... It wasn't THAT bad...



    Also got a wood lathe lined up. I'll probably be trying that out some evening this week.

  5. #27149
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Broke the bike out for the first time this year.

    My fat old keister made 2 WHOLE miles of mostly up-grade riding.

    Maybe I'll keep doing it... It wasn't THAT bad...



    Also got a wood lathe lined up. I'll probably be trying that out some evening this week.
    Way to go.....if you get them boys on MTn bikes....along with their other sports/scouts/hunting with family.....they'll never have a chance to waste days standing around a mall sucking down Big Gulps (and pounds of white death sugar) and turning their brains into useless pulp.
    Never had a video game in the house for my three daughters .... not once......now their idea of 'fun' is going hiking, camping, playing league (fill in the sport)......God am I glad I didn't buy an Xbox, Nintendo POS....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  6. #27150
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Way to go.....if you get them boys on MTn bikes....along with their other sports/scouts/hunting with family.....they'll never have a chance to waste days standing around a mall sucking down Big Gulps (and pounds of white death sugar) and turning their brains into useless pulp.
    Never had a video game in the house for my three daughters .... not once......now their idea of 'fun' is going hiking, camping, playing league (fill in the sport)......God am I glad I didn't buy an Xbox, Nintendo POS....
    They've got "trick" bikes. I forget which make, but they were EXPENSIVE.

    That is my current struggle, though. GAMES.

    The older one can take 'em or leave 'em. They make a good 'rainy day' option.

    The younger one.... he wouldn't leave the house if he wasn't forced to sometimes.

  7. #27151
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    They've got "trick" bikes. I forget which make, but they were EXPENSIVE.

    That is my current struggle, though. GAMES.

    The older one can take 'em or leave 'em. They make a good 'rainy day' option.

    The younger one.... he wouldn't leave the house if he wasn't forced to sometimes.
    Yup......I hear you.....my youngest was the same.......but the FIRST and MOST important thing I had to remember was that I am their FATHER and not their friend......and that requires tough and unpopular decisions... a lot! Besides, the 'passion' toys create PERFECT blackmail options for getting them to do the First Things First...just like life.
    We had a saying in the house "Work before Play, that's the Lockhart Way......they hated it BUT they all stand on their own two feet. That middle one has worked as an RN for 1 year.....she put $20,000 in the bank in that first year!!! She's a Lockhart uh huh!
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  8. #27152
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post

    Yup......I hear you.....my youngest was the same.......but the FIRST and MOST important thing I had to remember was that I am their FATHER and not their friend......and that requires tough and unpopular decisions... a lot! Besides, the 'passion' toys create PERFECT blackmail options for getting them to do the First Things First...just like life.
    We had a saying in the house "Work before Play, that's the Lockhart Way......they hated it BUT they all stand on their own two feet. That middle one has worked as an RN for 1 year.....she put $20,000 in the bank in that first year!!! She's a Lockhart uh huh!

    Momma and I figured the blackmail thing out REAL QUICK.

    Homework not done? Hand it over.
    Room not clean? Hand it over.

    I'm not always the favorite parent and sometimes I even hate myself for being so hard, but I also know that life sucks and it's far better to learn from a hard father that loves you than to learn from a boss that you're just a number to.

  9. #27153
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Momma and I figured the blackmail thing out REAL QUICK.

    Homework not done? Hand it over.
    Room not clean? Hand it over.

    I'm not always the favorite parent and sometimes I even hate myself for being so hard, but I also know that life sucks and it's far better to learn from a hard father that loves you than to learn from a boss that you're just a number to.
    If they didn't have stuff we could take away I don't think they would ever get anything done!

  10. #27154
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Momma and I figured the blackmail thing out REAL QUICK.

    Homework not done? Hand it over.
    Room not clean? Hand it over.

    I'm not always the favorite parent and sometimes I even hate myself for being so hard, but I also know that life sucks and it's far better to learn from a hard father that loves you than to learn from a boss that you're just a number to.
    Well you and Patty are doing a helluva job already JP and the few children that do learn the lessons from their parents rather than getting gold stars for 'breathing' ...... will not only be successful in their lives, but be an asset to the world in general. I always taught my girls when they closed down the day to reflect on the day...."did you put more back into this world today than you took out"? If not, then we will bankrupt the world eventually if you did not......

    We're in an epidemic these days that tells us to 'demand' all sorts of $hit but does not tell us to 'contribute'......you're already there JP......attraction by example rather than promotion.....good on ya.
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  11. #27155
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    GTA, ON
    Posts
    1,266
    'Morning Bret and everyone. Outdoor activities like camping, hiking, biking and hunting are a heck of a lot better for the kids than video games. Once they realize how much better it is to live a real life instead of being glued to the screen, they learn one of the most valuable life lessons.

  12. #27156
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,591
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  13. #27157
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,625
    afternoon all
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 2089 of 2280 FirstFirst ... 10891589198920392079208220832084208520862087208820892090209120922093209420952096209921392189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event