View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    35 25.18%
  • june 20

    31 22.30%
  • july 1

    26 18.71%
  • july 12

    47 33.81%
  1. #24233
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,176
    Post Likes
    Thanks.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #24234
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,672
    Post Likes
    Heard an interesting story this evening.

    We were at the elementary school Science Fair school doing Alex's Lemonade Stand with the Cubbies.

    The gym teacher flagged my wife down. and told her this.

    Travis, our youngest and another boy his age (9) are in gym class with a mute autistic boy. This boy was very upset with the loud music they play during gym class, so without being asked to, they coaxed this boy onto a pull-along boat and pulled him back and forth across the gym to help calm him down.


    You know, being a parent is a tough road sometimes, and it's times like this that I realize that maybe, JUST MAYBE, I've done something right.

  3. #24235
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Heard an interesting story this evening.

    We were at the elementary school Science Fair school doing Alex's Lemonade Stand with the Cubbies.

    The gym teacher flagged my wife down. and told her this.

    Travis, our youngest and another boy his age (9) are in gym class with a mute autistic boy. This boy was very upset with the loud music they play during gym class, so without being asked to, they coaxed this boy onto a pull-along boat and pulled him back and forth across the gym to help calm him down.


    You know, being a parent is a tough road sometimes, and it's times like this that I realize that maybe, JUST MAYBE, I've done something right.
    Time INVESTED and as a group saying goes...."Attraction by example, rather than promotion"..........
    Seems the acorn does not fall far from the mighty oak....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  4. #24236
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Heard an interesting story this evening.

    We were at the elementary school Science Fair school doing Alex's Lemonade Stand with the Cubbies.

    The gym teacher flagged my wife down. and told her this.

    Travis, our youngest and another boy his age (9) are in gym class with a mute autistic boy. This boy was very upset with the loud music they play during gym class, so without being asked to, they coaxed this boy onto a pull-along boat and pulled him back and forth across the gym to help calm him down.


    You know, being a parent is a tough road sometimes, and it's times like this that I realize that maybe, JUST MAYBE, I've done something right.
    That great JP

    things like that make you say if my life is cut short I have been a success
    If you help others then you are a Success

  5. #24237
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,672
    Post Likes
    Appreciate it, guys.

    This whole parenting gig can be a b***h. No friggen operations manuals or wiring diagrams to refer to. No tech support line to call.

    Like I said, it is little things like this that make it worth it, though.

  6. #24238
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Appreciate it, guys.

    This whole parenting gig can be a b***h. No friggen operations manuals or wiring diagrams to refer to. No tech support line to call.

    Like I said, it is little things like this that make it worth it, though.
    My most important, onerous and at many times, lonely realization for me with my three daughters was the fact that I have to be a Dad first and a friend if the situation permits........but now they are all happy, productive, contributing, stand on their own feet young ladies.....they like being Dad's friend......and that pretty much always brings me to tears....
    Like life and Bret's example.....you gotta put in the work to get the reward....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  7. #24239
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,176
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Heard an interesting story this evening.

    We were at the elementary school Science Fair school doing Alex's Lemonade Stand with the Cubbies.

    The gym teacher flagged my wife down. and told her this.

    Travis, our youngest and another boy his age (9) are in gym class with a mute autistic boy. This boy was very upset with the loud music they play during gym class, so without being asked to, they coaxed this boy onto a pull-along boat and pulled him back and forth across the gym to help calm him down.


    You know, being a parent is a tough road sometimes, and it's times like this that I realize that maybe, JUST MAYBE, I've done something right.
    That's great to hear!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #24240
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,176
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  9. #24241
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    My most important, onerous and at many times, lonely realization for me with my three daughters was the fact that I have to be a Dad first and a friend if the situation permits........but now they are all happy, productive, contributing, stand on their own feet young ladies.....they like being Dad's friend......and that pretty much always brings me to tears....
    Like life and Bret's example.....you gotta put in the work to get the reward....
    Wow thanks Doug that beyond touching.


    However My father was the man who deserve the credit.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  10. #24242
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Art, Please say
    Morning Julie
    If you help others then you are a Success

  11. #24243
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Cancer Humor
    Dose Julie enjoy dark Humor?
    Let me know I'll Post Cancer humor for her daily of most days.

    Breast cancer t-Shirt I saw: Of course these are fake, the real ones tried to kill me.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  12. #24244
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,672
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    My most important, onerous and at many times, lonely realization for me with my three daughters was the fact that I have to be a Dad first and a friend if the situation permits........but now they are all happy, productive, contributing, stand on their own feet young ladies.....they like being Dad's friend......and that pretty much always brings me to tears....
    Like life and Bret's example.....you gotta put in the work to get the reward....
    Lots of 'parent-friends' around here. Folks who either don't know how to or don't care enough to say "NO!" to their spolied rotten, snot-nosed little brat children.


    I explain to my kids, as often as necessary, that I'd LOVE to give them everything that they want and let them do anything and everything that they want to do, but my job in life is to set boundaries and rules for them to live by. I'm open and honest with them about it, but I'm rock solid when I say something.

    For example, I'm sending my oldest off for his first SOLO Boy Scout camping trip this weekend. I've not looked at what he's packed, not asked him what he's packing, and I'm NOT running anything out to camp for him. He forgets it, he can live without it.

  13. #24245
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Lots of 'parent-friends' around here. Folks who either don't know how to or don't care enough to say "NO!" to their spolied rotten, snot-nosed little brat children.


    I explain to my kids, as often as necessary, that I'd LOVE to give them everything that they want and let them do anything and everything that they want to do, but my job in life is to set boundaries and rules for them to live by. I'm open and honest with them about it, but I'm rock solid when I say something.

    For example, I'm sending my oldest off for his first SOLO Boy Scout camping trip this weekend. I've not looked at what he's packed, not asked him what he's packing, and I'm NOT running anything out to camp for him. He forgets it, he can live without it.
    Man oh Man......do you and I live the same 'methodology'......
    Those boys of yours will be in unbelievable demand about 3 minutes after they hit the work force.
    My two oldest have jumped seniority/union lines about 4 times each because of their 'take the ball from one endzone to the other and jump over, go around or if you have to, go through whatever you need to in order to accomplish what you set out to or were asked to accomplish......no excuses....success only.'
    They often thank Brenda and I for the 'simple and productive' work ethic as it's so easy for them now......crank off a 16 hour work day like it's a walk in the park.....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Page 1865 of 2423 FirstFirst ... 86513651765181518551858185918601861186218631864186518661867186818691870187118721875191519652365 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365